• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Write Port Error

Cooper E

Fall Protection Signs and Safety
I have a Mutoh VJ1324 which I've started running into an intermittent write port error in the middle of printing.

The message in my job log is " Internal error happened during printing - convert print job error ".
We use SAi Production Manager cloud for our management software.

We've had our IT dept look at it when it but nothing seems to be wrong with the network.

We had our machine serviced in May 2017 and which all the issue with write port errors started after that in which there was a firmware update applied, we may have seen some errors before the firmware update but to be honest I can't recall fully. Has anyone seen this type of intermittent issue equipment with a firmware update? I understand correlation does not imply causation, just looking for areas to research possibilities for the issue.

My tech says it may be the board but before going down that path I want to see if anyone else has run into this issue, and if there are any other possibilities with the network. IT people tend to say it's equipment related if they can recreate the issue immediately.

Joe House

Do you get any messages on the printer? Can you try running the printer connected directly from the computer without going through the network for a while. If you still have the problem when connected directly, then you can focus on something other than the network. If you don't have the problem, then there may be something going on with the network that your IT department doesn't run into in other applications. Printers actually put more of a load on local networks than most common computer usage in the office environment. So a simple ping inquiry likely wouldn't show up a transient problem that can disrupt a 30 minute print job for example.

Good Luck

Cooper E

Fall Protection Signs and Safety
Do you get any messages on the printer? Can you try running the printer connected directly from the computer without going through the network for a while. If you still have the problem when connected directly, then you can focus on something other than the network. If you don't have the problem, then there may be something going on with the network that your IT department doesn't run into in other applications. Printers actually put more of a load on local networks than most common computer usage in the office environment. So a simple ping inquiry likely wouldn't show up a transient problem that can disrupt a 30 minute print job for example.

Good Luck
Thanks, IT may have finally found the issue with the network. They had a temporary switch assigned to port 9100 and they switched it to the new switch and everything seems to be fine now. They didn't realize that switch was managing the print port until they double checked the network configuration for that port.