• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Writeable/Typeable aluminum labels?

Browner

Hey,

Looking for a source for the typeable/writeable aluminum label material that I see all over the place. You've seen it too - mostly on industrial type stuff, where they have to write (or type) the specs or serial number of the item onto the label. IF the pen/in/whatever wears off, the imprint is still left behind.

Any ideas? I've done some searches, and all I can find are companies that want to print the labels for me, and I'd like to print them myself. Even better would be if I could throw it through the EDGE.

Thanks!

Attachments

• material-aluminum-foil-2.jpg
    material-aluminum-foil-2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 101

V-ENGRAVE

That is not printed label.
1 - The process is called anodizing. The image is actually imbeded into anodized layer and is durable, abrasion, chemicals, scratch resistant long lasting for indoor/outdoor.

Google anodized aluminum nameplates and you will find shops that specialize in mfg. these plates.

2 - Some people use sublamation process and can heat transfer image on coated aluminum.

3 Horizons Imaging Systems sells thin aluminum that can be printed with inkjet and laminated for protection. This can be done with flatbed printers sign shops use.

petepaz

do you just need a supplier of the material or do you need someone to make the nameplates for you
i can do both let me know
we do silk screening, dye and seal, or metal photo all of whick is done on that material
you would need to know what thickness

Bill Modzel

There is also a .003" adhesive backed aluminum foil available. We have screen printed labels on it for years. It is thin enough that our customers run it through a typewriter to print serial numbers on it. It will not run through an Edge.

We also screen .025" mill finish aluminum and apply double faced adhesive to the back side. On alum this thick, our customers stamp their information on them.