• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Wrong data format

Custom Printing

Printing on a Mutoh VJ-1624, my print made it through about 90% of the print and then it just stopped. Print manager is saying "wrong data format". I printed as an .eps and opened in PM, didn't open in Flexi like I usually do. Was having problems earlier with gradients with Flexi and a co worker suggested to print this way. The co worker asked me if i closed the Illustrator file while printing, I did, not realizing this might be a problem. Is there any way to get the print started again to finish the print or am I going to have to start over?

thanks
Patrick

JetPress

Unfortunately you will have to start over. This has happened to me before but for a different reason. The USB cord connecting to the computer was a little lose and it lost connection during the print. I don't think there is a way to continue where you left off.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I've also seen this where Production Manager (much like what JetPress encountered) seems to forget what port the printer is on or had some sort of glitch in the communication. Re-selecting its correct port fixes the issue but if a print job was going it is not going to restart - it will have to be aborted and reprinted or cropped and reprinted (will need to seam it on install or before laminating).

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You'll have to start over but make sure your computer isn't going to sleep during the print as that is the usual cause.

Custom Printing

You'll have to start over but make sure your computer isn't going to sleep during the print as that is the usual cause.

It may have gone to sleep but it usually just goes to the screen saver. If that is the case, I'd think that it would happen more often, which I've never noticed happening. I'll have to watch out for that just in case.

Custom Printing

Unfortunately you will have to start over. This has happened to me before but for a different reason. The USB cord connecting to the computer was a little lose and it lost connection during the print. I don't think there is a way to continue where you left off.

I didn't think so I just hit cancel and will have to start over which is very annoying because the print was taking for ever. You ever hear of the file being closed and it stopping the print? I do believe that it happened around the time I closed the file.

poligrafika

I didn't think so I just hit cancel and will have to start over which is very annoying because the print was taking for ever. You ever hear of the file being closed and it stopping the print? I do believe that it happened around the time I closed the file.
I have the same problem with my Flexi and i found that some times Firewall has blocked the data to printer, and after that i install Flexi on PC without connection on internet and disable the firewall. After that some time also heppen and problem was that PC was going to sleep mode after long printing and on same time HDD also gone to sleep mode.So i make sleep mode to 2000 min and HDD sleep mode also on 2000 min and now i don't have any trouble