• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrong print head installed message

bovegas

I have Roland VP-300 and I just installed 3 print heads. Just bought printer not working. I have installed dx4 print heads from epson. I guess Roland come up with new heads and this printer can recognize if they are not new type. I am trying to trick this printer so it cant see t'hem. I was looking in service manuals and compare sp-300 schematics. It seems that new thing is check head conection that goes from each head to carriage board through ic's. ic works as a gate and has 2 inputs and 1 output. so it will let signalthrough only if you have signal on both inputs. it goes all the way to transistor. so if you have all heads check ok signal will go to a base of transistor and it will act as a switch for emiter and colector. my question is can i pass all this if i short emiter and colector?