• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted Wtb Xrite I1 Pro 2

Gary Wiant

As the title states, I'm looking to purchase a Xrite i1 Pro 2 so I can create profiles for Onyx and possibly calibrate my monitor and scanner depending on what features & licenses are available.

Thank you

Joe House

Onyx doesn't come with the hand calibration x-rite he is looking for.
Actually this depends on the package he has.

Gary - do you have Production House or Postershop? Production House will let you do full ICC profiles, but Postershop will only let you linearize your media - still very helpful. If you get a basic, it should include the ability to profile your monitor, but I think you need to step up to publish to profile scanners.

Gary Wiant

I'm sorry I thought I answered this earlier this morning. I haven't received my Onyx yet but I will be getting Onyx 12 Postershop

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Joe House

So, you'll be able to linearize existing profiles, which is helpful. But you won't be able to create printer profiles with Postershop alone. If you're interested in making your own profiles, I'd recommend stepping up to Production House rather than getting a separate profiling software. Onyx's profiling wizard is pretty easy to use.

Also, you might find the original i1 easier to come by if you're looking to buy used and save some bucks. They can be sent to the factory for calibration for about $400 (?) and will work good as new.

Good Luck

dale911

President
I am glad to know about calibration of the x-rite but according to the Onyx website, postershop can build profiles from scratch. I just bought postershop 12 myself and will know I'm a couple days but it wouldn't be a whole lot of good if you can't create profiles. I have a Mimaki Pronter that does not have any stock profiles with my ink setup available through anyone I can find. CJV-150 with CMYKLcLmWW so all will have to be created from scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Wiant

Let me know how it turns out for you Dale, I am using CMYKLmLcLkO and there are only a couple profiles available for those as well.

How do you like the White ink? I didn't want the speed loss. I can't imagine how slow it would be on a 150.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
So, you'll be able to linearize existing profiles, which is helpful. But you won't be able to create printer profiles with Postershop alone. If you're interested in making your own profiles, I'd recommend stepping up to Production House rather than getting a separate profiling software. Onyx's profiling wizard is pretty easy to use.

Also, you might find the original i1 easier to come by if you're looking to buy used and save some bucks. They can be sent to the factory for calibration for about $400 (?) and will work good as new.

Good Luck
Postershop has onyx's ICC engine and a fully working Media Manager.
Gary is just after the Xrite i1 Spectrophotometer but he would rather a complete xrite package for the benifet of added features i.e monitor calibration.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Pauly, I stand corrected. Evidently they changed this in version 11. I've been using Production House so I wasn't aware of this.

So you cannot create ICC profiles in yours? can you do everything else like ink restrictions,ect?

Joe House

I have production house 12, but when I started with onyx (6.5)poster shop would would let you do everything but if profiles.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dale911

President
I am debating switching to lkO from the white but I just had a couple jobs that needed the white. For a printer under 10k, I love it but it is certainly slow. I don't consider it very slow though based on the fact that I'm also running a 1st generation Hp latex that runs about the same speed. White ink "can" be printed to be very opaque and look just like uv ink when printed on clear. Had to do double pass with pauses between passes and I did something else to slow down the printing process due to the fact that when I ran the double pass, the 1st layer wasn't dry enough and I started getting bleed from oversaturation. For the price of the white ink, indefinitely charge for it. Would love to see what metallic ink would do but I'm too cheap to set that up for the very little use it would get other than playing with it for my own amusement.

I am in the process of building a profile for it with Onyx Postershop but have still been running Rasterlink for now on paying jobs. Once I get the ink limits dialed in, the rest will be cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Wiant

I keep the Edge 2 for anytime I need white on clear. I heard the metallic are not outdoor durable but I have no personal experience with it.

YoyoPonto

As the title states, I'm looking to purchase a Xrite i1 Pro 2 so I can create profiles for Onyx and possibly calibrate my monitor and scanner depending on what features & licenses are available.

Thank you

If you own an I1 Pro Basic you can use the software: Coloris to create your ICC Profiles
You can create CMYK and RGB profiles to use with a driver or a RIP
This software is free, it's an ArgylCMS Graphic User's Interface under GNU licence.
With Coloris you can also find a spot color from a Swatch Book (PANTONE, RAL, Custom Color like Vinyl Swatch Book, etc...)
You can control your light, display gamut with Gamut Viewer...

You can download this software at the following web site: Coloris | ArgyllCMS GUI

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
If you own an I1 Pro Basic you can use the software: Coloris to create your ICC Profiles
You can create CMYK and RGB profiles to use with a driver or a RIP
This software is free, it's an ArgylCMS Graphic User's Interface under GNU licence.
With Coloris you can also find a spot color from a Swatch Book (PANTONE, RAL, Custom Color like Vinyl Swatch Book, etc...)
You can control your light, display gamut with Gamut Viewer...

You can download this software at the following web site: Coloris | ArgyllCMS GUI

Are you promoting the software since you've posted it twice?
interesting though, ive never tried argyllCMS before because i dont have an i1 and couldn't be bothered working out how to use it with my barbieri devices.
Might have a look at it.

YoyoPonto

Yes I try to promote it, because I've created Coloris with my son and I'd like to share with a maximum of people over the word...

I don't have a Barbieri to do a test... but on the ArgyllCMS web site: Argyll Documentation Top
There are an option to convert a file from Barbieri to ArgyllCMS:

txt2ti3 Convert Gretag/Logo/X-Rite/Barbieri or other format RGB or CMYK test chart results into Argyll .ti3 CGATS format.
... And you will be able to calculate your icc profile with Argyll or Coloris.

if you success to create a profile from Barbieri, I'll be happy to add your procedure on our web site.

ikarasu

Yes I try to promote it, because I've created Coloris with my son and I'd like to share with a maximum of people over the word...

I don't have a Barbieri to do a test... but on the ArgyllCMS web site: Argyll Documentation Top

txt2ti3 Convert Gretag/Logo/X-Rite/Barbieri or other format RGB or CMYK test chart results into Argyll .ti3 CGATS format.

if you success to create a profile from Barbieri, I'll be happy to add your procedure on our web site.
Now to thread hijack... But how good is the software? I have onyx at work, and a Xrite... But I have a crappy HP version of flexi at home. I can import .icc profiles, but I can't create them with flexi - I was thinking of upgrading X-rite to CMYK so I can do it that way.

I'll give it a try on the weekend when I can borrow our X-1 again. Heck, I may even try it here to compare - Onyx is pretty good for profiling... But I cant get good greys unless I change a bunch of stuff, which throws most other colors out of wack. More than likely it's due to bad profiling (Still figuring out all the settings), but I'll give your software a test, might be easier to learn than onyx! thanks.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

You should just create a new thread. more people will see it.

I do like the idea of having an interface for ArgyllCMS. I've tried one, but never got it working properly and gave up as i already have ICC creation software.
I've heard that ArgyllCMS is okay for printer profiles, but for an open source software that's free, can't complain about it.

I'll see what i can do with it.