• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X5 with CoCut Pro

letterman7

Anyone having any issues with CCPro identifying X5 in the MultiSkin flyout? I've reloaded Pro and the Skin modules (after removing them from the system and restarting) twice now and still nothing. If I open my Corel 10 Pro will identify that, but it just won't identify X5. Summa support at the moment is not helping (from whom I bought CCPro).

Rick

Jim Doggett

Anyone having any issues with CCPro identifying X5 in the MultiSkin flyout? I've reloaded Pro and the Skin modules (after removing them from the system and restarting) twice now and still nothing. If I open my Corel 10 Pro will identify that, but it just won't identify X5. Summa support at the moment is not helping (from whom I bought CCPro).

Rick

Hi Rick,

Try Albert at Eurosystems (ame@eurosystems.lu). He might be able to help.

Best,

Jim

letterman7

Thanks Jim. I just emailed a support ticket with the description to them. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this - I don't want to be designing in X5 and back-saving the file to v10!

letterman7

Nope, actually they don't. There seems to be little support for the newest versions - I'm not the only one having issues it seems and there are no answers in the support base!

Jim Doggett

Nope, actually they don't. There seems to be little support for the newest versions - I'm not the only one having issues it seems and there are no answers in the support base!

That's disappointing .. and I hope it's not CorelDRAW losing interest. I've used -- AND LOVED -- Corel since version 2.

I was sort of intrumental in bringing CoCutPro to the US market back in my AirMark days. So I'll check with Albert and Juergen to see what's up. If I learn more I'll share it here.

Best,

Jim

letterman7

It may be something as simple as a plug-in that I don't realize or didn't see that I need. The installation mentions the use of Visual Basic, but according to my install it's there (in X5). If you learn of anything before I hear back from either the Cocut group or Summa, that would be great Jim!
Thanks!

btw, I've used Corel since v3 myself, and CoCut when it was still on a floppy (somewhere around Corel 5 I think!).

Rick

Small update - just heard back from Summa; there needs to be a macro icon in the Corel toolbar to access CoCut directly. Which is fine, but I rarely use the CoCut program itself as a design program. I typically launch the MultiSkin so that it automatically opens the plotter dialog window and go from there. Things just keep getting interesting!

Last edited:

letterman7

I heard from Christian at Eurosystems this morning. He suggested to download and update the Skin module and try again, and if it didn't work simply use the CoCut module integrated into Corel. It didn't work (the Skin), so I'm still a little irked at spending the amount of money I did for a program that doesn't fully integrate the way it used to. True, it wasn't thousands of dollars, but still... :)