• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X6 Acquire Image Not Available

idsignsil

So I installed X6 and when I try to use the Acquire Image, the options are not available. It's like it does not see the scanner. But, it will print to the printer just fine. Oh, I have a printer/scanner combo, that would probably help. Did not have this problem when I went from X3 to X5, but now with X6 this is just one of the problems that I am having. :banghead: Anyone have any idea why it will not let me select a source or acquire an image?

HuMJohn

So I installed X6 and when I try to use the Acquire Image, the options are not available. It's like it does not see the scanner. But, it will print to the printer just fine. Oh, I have a printer/scanner combo, that would probably help. Did not have this problem when I went from X3 to X5, but now with X6 this is just one of the problems that I am having. :banghead: Anyone have any idea why it will not let me select a source or acquire an image?
It sounds like you have the 64 bit version of X6 installed. The problem, in this case, is that 64 bit TWAIN software is as common as teeth on a chicken. One of the people on the CorelDRAW.com forum has developed a WIA interface that will work with your 32 bit scanner (in most cases).
On an aside, I understand that Corel may have a 32/64 bit TWAIN interface in their first Service Pack, which is supposed to be out in the summer....

arronlee

A 32/64 bit TWAIN interface in Corel's first Service Pack?
It will be soon.
But how about changing another interface for instead?
I'm not so sure.
But finding another way ang have a try is much better than satanding there and waiting, waiting, waiting……Right?
:Big Laugh

--------------------
Best regards,
Arron

I'm new at Signs101
Wanna know more about TWAIN scanner.