• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X6 Install window?

Colin

At the end of installing my X6 upgrade, I got this window. What are "content and extras"?

Attachments

• Extras.jpg
    Extras.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 124

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
My guess - fonts and clipart - maybe sample photostock stuff.

wayne k
guam usa

Colin

Hmmm. Do you think it would actually install fonts on my system?

Would you recommend I click Yes, or No?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you are at the end of the install I am pretty sure it already has.
I'd click yes under normal circumstances.
Right now I am in the middle of a large project and have not even downloaded the demo.
Call me cautious (or superstitious) but I'm not installing or removing anything on my production system until the last print is on the cutting table.

wayne k
guam usa

Colin

Done. It did bring up a second window with options on what you'd like to install. It's all just saved in a separate "content" folder.

Upon opening X6 for the first time, I got a window with an offer for downloading the "Corel Website Creator" (239 MB). Know anything about this software?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't know anything about that one.
Most of those bundled apps are not written by Corel and are just bought up and re -branded into their line up. It's $49.00 on their product page - I'd pass.

wayne k
guam usa

Colin

I'm curious about it for my purposes. Unfortunately it asked me for the serial number upon attempted installation, but none was provided.

:help

On another topic, colors are displaying very differently in X6. Attached are the settings I had in X5, and what the default is in X6. Any suggestions? (Both could be not what I actually should have 'em set at - I'm all ears).

Attachments

• X5 settings.jpg
    X5 settings.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 122
  • X6 settings.jpg
    X6 settings.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 115

Service Sign Co

Done. It did bring up a second window with options on what you'd like to install. It's all just saved in a separate "content" folder.

Upon opening X6 for the first time, I got a window with an offer for downloading the "Corel Website Creator" (239 MB). Know anything about this software?
WELL if you want everyone to hold your hand over a simple software download, the program launches when you have VERDANA font loaded with the software, which should load automatically with a registered version, If it doesn't load, install VERDANA,

Colin

...the program launches when you have VERDANA font loaded with the software, which should load automatically with a registered version, If it doesn't load, install VERDANA,

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. I have had Verdana installed since new.

Mark S. Adams

WELL if you want everyone to hold your hand over a simple software download, the program launches when you have VERDANA font loaded with the software, which should load automatically with a registered version, If it doesn't load, install VERDANA,

I am also very confused by this response. Seems totally out of left field.

Mark

Mark S. Adams

Ok, thanks, I'll try that.

I also noticed that X6 installed itself to: "C: Program Files", as opposed to "Program Files (x86)" like X5 did.

shrug

X5 is a 32 bit program - so it installs in "Program Files (x86)"
X6 is a 64 bit program - so it installs in "Program Files"

Mark

Colin

Ahh, ok, thanks.

The serial number from CorelDraw X6 worked for the Corel Website Creator - cheers!