• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X7 updates and issues

letterman7

Tried looking on the Corel bulletin boards and forums, but it's like navigating a minefield. No real answers, soo....
I downloaded their latest fix/patch for X7 on Friday past, and didn't use the program again until Sunday. It fired up fine, or so it seemed, until I got into one of my files and found that Corel wasn't listing most of my resident fonts. It found some, but not all. Not even Times Roman... I fiddled with the font select options and nothing worked, so I rebooted and upon starting the program again, I got an error message:

Unable to load resource DLL:
c\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite
X7\Programs64\Addons\BorderGrommet\BorderGrommetIntl.dll

Huh? I clicked 'ok' and it opened the program with no issues, other than it still couldn't find resident fonts. So, I removed the program from the machine and reloaded fresh.. and all is back to normal, except I still get that error code on startup. Websearching "bordergrommet" turns up nothing. What the heck is that and how can I remove it?

Rick

letterman7

I haven't, no. I'm afraid to load anything down from Corel at this point since it acted weirdly from the last update. Maybe I'll wait till the weekend again when I'm not so busy using it to try to download all the updates again.

David Milisock

Running CorelDRAW X7.4.0.887

Running the latest update on 2 systems with no issues, I do not seem to understand what happened to your system.

What is your OS?

David Milisock

Border and grommet

I took at look at this and IMO you should not be getting the dll error, the font issue is another question. You didn't have any font issues until update 4 correct?

David Milisock

Issue with update

I haven't, no. I'm afraid to load anything down from Corel at this point since it acted weirdly from the last update. Maybe I'll wait till the weekend again when I'm not so busy using it to try to download all the updates again.

Would it be ok if I submitted this to some tech at Corel?

OldPaint

just opened corel x7 this morning and it updated to VERSION 17.4.0.887...........
i am not a fan of X7 .....its handling of fonts as you scroll thru them........changes the font on the layout and some font do the flyout like X3 did.........i still use my X3 for most things..........

David Milisock

X3 - x7

just opened corel x7 this morning and it updated to VERSION 17.4.0.887...........
i am not a fan of X7 .....its handling of fonts as you scroll thru them........changes the font on the layout and some font do the flyout like X3 did.........i still use my X3 for most things..........

I'm using X7 for everything, one word of warning the color management from X3 to X7 is radically different, with X7 doing thing properly so beware.

letterman7

Let me do the updates again first and see if the issue replicates. If it does, then maybe I can isolate which update is causing the issue and be better able to relay that info to the Corel personnel.

David Milisock

Update

Let me do the updates again first and see if the issue replicates. If it does, then maybe I can isolate which update is causing the issue and be better able to relay that info to the Corel personnel.

There are known issues with fonts with this update, the grommet issue is the weird one.

Jean Shimp

I'm having font issues also since I updated X7 recently. I sent a message on the Corel X7 forum explaining the problem and was told it is a defect in the program. Asked when it would be fixed...no answer yet.

pjfmeister

I am not having any problems with the fonts with the latest update. The preview of the fonts seems to be better or at least different than before the update.
However I am seeing a random problem where the rectangle tool doesn't work. many times I will open a new window and create a rectangle to cut and paste as workaround....not a big deal but the only issue I have seen so far with the latest update

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
That makes me glad I don't have automatic updates enabled with my fairly new CorelDRAW X7 installation. I've run some of the updates, but am on build 17.3.0.772. The program seems to be working okay, although X7 still won't align nodes in a controlled manner just like the bug I've dealt with in X6. I've also encountered an issue where I can't get change the default point size on artistic text. And the error carries itself over on the saved document even if saved down to version X6 and opened in X6 on another machine.

Regarding the font problems, are they confined to certain font formats (Postscript Type1, TrueType, OpenType with TrueType outlines or OpenType with Postscript outlines)?

OldPaint

i dont think corel makes any differentiation between the types of fonts.... it see em all...
like i said earlier....i do most of my work in COREL X3.... it works with no problems. the only reason i went ot x7 is there is no more support for X3. i open X7 rarely.....nothin i cant do in X3 so far..........

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
One thing that comes to mind I like about X7 as opposed to X6 or earlier versions:
You can finally create gradients with varying levels of transparency at every stop and "accelerate" the transitions between stops, just like Adobe Illustrator has been able to do for at least the last couple or so versions. Illustrator CC and CorelDRAW X7 seem to play more nicely with each other when exchanging artwork.

David Milisock

That makes me glad I don't have automatic updates enabled with my fairly new CorelDRAW X7 installation. I've run some of the updates, but am on build 17.3.0.772. The program seems to be working okay, although X7 still won't align nodes in a controlled manner just like the bug I've dealt with in X6. I've also encountered an issue where I can't get change the default point size on artistic text. And the error carries itself over on the saved document even if saved down to version X6 and opened in X6 on another machine.

Regarding the font problems, are they confined to certain font formats (Postscript Type1, TrueType, OpenType with TrueType outlines or OpenType with Postscript outlines)?

The font issue is confined to specific fonts with nonconforming naming structures in the font name itself.

The custom spot color name not appearing in a Corel published PDF is IMO soon to be resolved.