• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc-540 Blowing F1 fuse

lookinc

I have searched the boards for something close to this but no luck.
I had a head go bad so I changed it.I got 1/2 a test print and group A (C M)stopped printing. OK went through all the next logical steps. pull head cables to M/C heads power up fuse blows. take head cable off fuse still blows. pull all head cables. Fuse still blows. change head board with backup from Mac Media fuse still blows.no cables connected no heads connected and new head board and the fuse still blows. there no head cables connected to the heads at all. and a refurbished head board is installed.

I am now also now getting a temperature is to low 0 c which I'm assuming I'm getting because of the head cables being disconnected.

any help would greatly be appreciated.

Ragnabrok

I've had success with issues like this by just pulling any relevant cable out, cleaning the contacts and reseating them. You've already done the head cables, try those going from the carriage board back to the head driver board. It'd be a good time to take a quick look at them as well for damage or wear as the cables may have rubbed through the sheathing at one point and caused a short.

WalkerP

Yes, definitely could be a bad cable, and the low temp reading is b/c the head cable is unplugged. I've blown those fuses dozens of times for many reasons. I touched a printer one time, had a spark off my had and poof. Blown fuse. Make sure your printer is on a rubber mat and not on carpet.
The fuse is easy to bypass by soldering over it with a cheap fuse. Let us know if you need help with it.

lookinc

Blowing F1 fuse FIXED

Ok UPDATE took out the head Board. Got a 21 Dollar Multimeter from HF meaterd the transistors The PNP 4131 and the NPN 1746 transistors. found bad PNP 4131 bad in #1 spot this also gave the other three (4131s) in the group an altered reading(not a bad reading). I set the meter using a spare transistors I had from previous complications from older machine (same one xc-540) just switched it though the ome settings till I got one that seemed to work. No Idea what the readings meant. just new I had a good transistor to start from.went through the transistors on the board with the positive lead on center lead of the 1746 Transistors and negative lead on the center lead of the 4131 Transistors. bingo found one. It didn't have reading and made the other three in the bank read funny. Also note the other three can be tested in each bank by just moving the outside test lead to each one and keeping the center lead held to just one transistor. I used some low temp Solder on the three terminals on the back of the board then a solder sucker from radio shack or amazon (it's BLUE) tu suck up solder and remove bad transistor. Soldered the new one in.

I then very slowly one carriage ribbon at a time turned off the machine and unplugged it and systematically went through plugging in each cartridge ribbon then each head ribbon and then each head. After painstakingly making sure nothing else was wrong.

and with NO Blown fuses

:Big Laugh The PRINTER IS PRINTING Go ME and thanks for all your support and help.:Big Laugh

Now to do all the alignment stuff UGGGG:rolleyes:

PS I cant spell or punctuate so If what I have written offends you I palologize.