• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc 540 cyan issue

crny1

Hello all xc540 users.
Tonight my prints started banding in the cyan range of colors. Did a test print and the cyan head was missing about 6 nozzles. Did a medium cleaning then the test print got worse. Had a set of dampners so I changed them. If I print a 100% cyan block it starts out for the first 1" fine then starts banding until eventually there is no ink in the dampner and then the test print is blank on the cyan head. New Cap tops will be here tomorrow but my real question is, could it be something else? Is there another pump from the cartridge to the dampner thats not keeping the dampner full? Could a bad cap top be causing this due to not fully getting the air out of the line prior to starting?
Thanks

Customprinted

This seems like a suction problem, I had that happen to an old roland I had, and yes all your questions are valid, it could be a bad ink line (going to the damper) it could be a bad seal on the damper, it could be a bad pump or defective pump line (this is my main guess), a bad cap top.seal, all of these can cause issues, think of it like a car problem, start from the line.going into the damper if it doesnt drain by itself then you got a good.seal, so then check the seal from the captop by slowly extracting ink from the waste tubing, remember that it could be a pump.issue and you may get a good seal and it may print fine but if it gradually losses ink when printing my bet is on the pump/waste line, check the lines first, if yiu have any tubing to be able to replace it do that first if it keeps happening swap the pump from another head and if you loose ink from.the one color you replaced then its your pump, i hope its clear enough to understand.

GL
Hello all xc540 users.
Tonight my prints started banding in the cyan range of colors. Did a test print and the cyan head was missing about 6 nozzles. Did a medium cleaning then the test print got worse. Had a set of dampners so I changed them. If I print a 100% cyan block it starts out for the first 1" fine then starts banding until eventually there is no ink in the dampner and then the test print is blank on the cyan head. New Cap tops will be here tomorrow but my real question is, could it be something else? Is there another pump from the cartridge to the dampner thats not keeping the dampner full? Could a bad cap top be causing this due to not fully getting the air out of the line prior to starting?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk