• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc 540 head issue and ink cartridge question

crny1

XC 540
Eco Solv Roland ink cartridges

The yellow head started showing signs of clogged nozzles on the left side of it. Now it is completely blank on the left half of the yellow head. Is there a fuse or something for half the head?
Also not sure if its related or not but the machine seems to think the yellow and black are empty or almost empty when in fact they are no where near empty. What would cause this? Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.

Joe House

Most likely a damper. A blown fuse would take out 2 heads all at once, not fading out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Joe is right. Change the dampers first including the o-rings. If that doesn't do the trick the next part to change is the cap top. Also, when a cartridge flags as empty when it really isn't, usually the little sensor that detects if it's empty or not is broken. Get a flashlight and look into one of the cartridge holders that isn't having any issues and then look into one that is. If the sensor is broken you should be able to see visually.

crny1

Sorry for the delay in responding, been traveling a lot.
Thanks for the info. I will get a dampener ordered and a cap top. I get back tomorrow night and will see what I can come up with.
Thanks again.

TimToad

Sorry for the delay in responding, been traveling a lot.
Thanks for the info. I will get a dampener ordered and a cap top. I get back tomorrow night and will see what I can come up with.
Thanks again.
Please share what exactly fixed these problems, Thanks