• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 ink cart question

Lobo

Can I force the XC-540 to print with one cartridge empty, or do both have to have ink in them?
If one can't be empty, what's the use of having two?

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
If the ink is actually "empty", No, the machine will not print. It will beep at you and may even call you an idiot in Chinese.

Lobo

Design flaw....plain and simple. Instead of having to spend $130 every time you want to buy an ink cart, now you have to spend $260!

Kind of like HP selling their desktop printers for cheap then jacking up the prices on the consumables....

I have a really hard time believing that. Are you sure, or is it speculations from your side?

synergy_jim

i have ran a little to finish a job by taping the empty tab in on the cartridge. be careful though. you run too much you get air in the line when it runs all the way out.

Lobo

I suddenly feel like I'm posting in a Counter Strike forum. Do you think I should move on to another forum with my questions? I'm asking because I am looking for answers, but it seems like all I get is a couple of trolls.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I suddenly feel like I'm posting in a Counter Strike forum. Do you think I should move on to another forum with my questions? I'm asking because I am looking for answers, but it seems like all I get is a couple of trolls.
or move on to a question that the answer really matters. You found your answer to the real question, but now you want the answer to why the wheel is round?

Lobo

or move on to a question that the answer really matters.

Sorry that you feel that way about my question. I didn't know that you would get so upset. The next time I would recommend that you avoid reading my posts. Or answer my questions. I appreciate my time way too much.

Lobo

Seriously? You're calling ME a troll?

You asked a question, it was answered, then you questioned the answer, and now your feelings are hurt.

What were you expecting??? Or are you one of those people that asks the same question over and over again hoping they will receive the answer they want to hear? I think that's actually one of the definitions of insanity....making the same mistake over and over and actually believing that the results will differ.

I have that same printer, and I answered your question to the best of my knowledge/experience.

You don't have to leave...I will. You can spend all day questioning answers in this thread if you like, knock yourself out.

And you might want to learn the definition of words like "troll" before insulting the very people who are wasting their time trying to help you.

You sir, are the troll.

:thumb:

I ask a legit question and I get a conspiracy theory back. Do you really think that I'm just going to buy that from someone I don't know? That is what I call an insult.

Also, how come you all of a sudden are speaking in terms of "to the best of my knowledge/experience" when it was a fact at first?

I still do not believe that Roland put two carts per color in the XC-540 just to f*ck with the end user, and they probably won't admit it either, so a letter to them won't help.

So far I have got one answer: "One cart for each channel of the head." This would explain it, but claiming that Roland put it there to **** us off, or that you have to be Chinese to understand (still trying to figure out why a Japanese company would use hidden messages in Chinese in the display), is not enough.

I do admit that I don't think that what I just wrote will clarify anything to you though. It's probably a mistake even trying.

Lobo

When you find the answer you're looking for, THEN WHAT???

So you mean that I shouldn't care asking about stuff I probably can't change? I wonder how the world would look like if everybody followed that.

Also, racial jokes? Really?

Lobo

No moron, don't wonder why the wheel is round.

And yes, if moron is a race, then I'm racist.

No, I mean what you wrote about Japanese vs Chinese:

---Quote (Originally by Lobo)---
still trying to figure out why a Japanese company would use hidden messages in Chinese in the display
---End Quote---
Doesn't it all sound the same? :banghead:

---

I'm quite finished with you as I won't go as low as to call names. Sorry and good luck in the future.