• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help XC-540 Keeps blowing F3 Fuse

corey_deuser

So I recently changed my light magenta head, Once I did that, I lost all printing function in the C group (Light Magenta & Light Cyan). I checked the fuse and it was blown so I replaced the fuse to only have it blow again. I've spent most the day troubleshooting and here are the steps and wanted to get a second opinion on what I came to.

1) I took an ohm meter and checked the grounding to make sure it wasn't a grounding issue it was not.

2) I unplugged the ribbon cables from the heads that I was having problems with and still blue the fuse/

3) I unplugged the ribbon cable that went from the carriage board to the headboard on both boards. Once I did that I did not blow a fuse, so I proceeded to plug the ribbon cable back into the headboard and still did not blow the fuse. Once I plugged the ribbon cable into the carriage board the fuse blew.

My conclusion is to replace the carriage board.

Broome Signs

hi

you have got ink or cleanig flued on the cabel and in the print head

get a new ribon cabel and dry out the print head befor conecting the cabel

crny1

Same thing happened to me......one of the gold tabs on the ribbon cable was folded when I put it back in. Low and behold I had to get a new mainboard. For some reason the fuse did not protect it like I expected it should.