• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Light Cyan not printing right.. help?

StudioSignsInc

Hi,

When I run a test print the light cyan looks pretty good overall (see the black arrow on the attached image), but images containing blue will get a slight over spray of cyan. A test print in service mode shows the light cyan to be misaligned in sections of it (see red arrow). Has anyone experienced this?

If the LC is misaligned why does the regular test print look fine? I've cleaned the head but that hasn't helped.

Any suggestions/ experience would be greatly appreciated!

StudioSignsInc

oops! roland_xc540-1.jpg

woolly

Just had similar problems which was a faint blue mist and similar test pattern.
Your black don't look to healthy either you could do as I did new head to black and the black head to the lt cyan redo the head rank. The deflected nossel s don't show up so bad in the lt colours.

SE SignSupply

It's time for LC head, it has failed electronically and the small drop is not working correctly.

The fill test under the service menu will clearly show you the problem as well.

StudioSignsInc

It's time for LC head, it has failed electronically and the small drop is not working correctly.

The fill test under the service menu will clearly show you the problem as well.

The fill test shows overspray of LC :/

Does "failed electronically" mean the problem is only with the head? Also, should I not bother with other head cleaning options?