• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 periodic stopping

FMG Graphics

We have been having problems with our printer pausing during a print. This is a very large file for a semi trailer. It is mainly blue, and it will print 75% of a panel then it pauses, then it will print an inch or so and pause. This starts at around 40% overall and it will continue this pattern of stopping and starting for the rest of the print if we let it. This results in bad banding for us. The print computer has nothing running except Versaworks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bly

I had this happen once due to a faulty network cable.
Swap it with a different one and see what happens.

Sticky Signs

Anti virus running in the background? Could be the problem. Also like it says above, try a new cable and also try running direct from the comp to the printer.

Gabriel

Hello

What kind of file is that? EPS, TIFF, PDF? EPS files are transformed in huge files by versaworks! try printing tiff or pdf if you don't have a cut contour.
I hope that helps!

Malkin

This usually happens when there is something slowing the data transfer from your RIP station through the network to your Roland.
Possible causes include: (but not limited to)
Bad cable or router or maybe network card.
Not enough bandwidth due to heavy internet use (streaming etc.)
Not enough processing power on the RIP station.

DRamm76

Could be a bunch of things slowing that thing down to a crawl or pausing it.

Here are some things to look for, some may seem silly but they do affect the printer so it's worth it to check.

-Do you have a screen saver or does your computer go into sleep mode? This will interrupt the printing?
-Please make sure you aren't doing a "RIP while printing"
-If you designed the artwork yourself and it's good quality, scale it down in the design program and blow it up in Versaworks.
-How long of a cable are you using? Have you checked the cable at all?
-If on a network, is there a lot of network traffic in your office? You can also try getting a crossover cable and connecting the machine directly to your PC to avoid the network.
-Hit Ctrl Alt Del and check your Processes that are running in your Task Manager
-Try and shut down any design programs or any other programs while printing. Depending on your hard drive available and ram in your machine it could simply be a speed/performance on the pc issue

kffernandez

assuming you've followed the other suggestions which were earlier posted, what i'd do is send a constant ping towards my machine. this will tell me if there is a break in the connection at any point in time.

the way to do this is to go to "run" [or press the windows key and R at the same time] and type in "ping 192.168.0.2 -t" you need to replace the 192.168.0.2 with the actual ip of your printer.

it will then send a reply every second or so. what you should look for are any delays in the reply or breaks altogether. a good network connection should give you a constant reply with only about <10ms differences in replies.

when you see breaks or consistently slow replies, then you know that you have a cable/router problem. you can then start wiggling your cables and connections to see where the actual problem is.

hope this helps

kelly

Sticky Signs

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that this was a very common issue when my hard drive was lacking space so I cleared off at least 50 gigs and it did seem to make a difference.