• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc-540 print, lam and cut method help

LavelleSign

Previously I have used the roland 545ex which has an "auto align" button on the main control panel. So after laminating I would direct my knife head to the circle by the rectangle and hit the auto align button and send my "cut only" job.

The xc-540 does not have an auto align button, how do I send this back and know the cut alignment marks are being detected.

Does this happen when after I press set-up>roll and it finds them or do I just switch my job to cut only and it just scrolls and finds the marks.

I am just concerned it will just start cutting all over the place with no alignment ruining my printed media. The manual does not seem to be to insightful.

I am using the latest version of versaworks.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Set up only detects the substrate, once you switch to Cut only in the rip and hit print it will look for the marks. I usually always put my substrate to the same spot and Base Point. Remember to leave enough media on the tail end of your image before you cut the sheet so that the it will feed all the way in, I usually leave around 6-8' after the back makrs.

Desert_Signs

Set up only detects the substrate, once you switch to Cut only in the rip and hit print it will look for the marks. I usually always put my substrate to the same spot and Base Point. Remember to leave enough media on the tail end of your image before you cut the sheet so that the it will feed all the way in, I usually leave around 6-8' after the back makrs.

8 feet seems a little like overkill. ... :thumb: