• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 stretched images

Elicitone

Over time my Roland xc-540 has been increasingly stretching files during printing... Right now if I send a 24"x36" eps and print 2 side by side on 54" vinyl, the final print will be 36.5" x 24. Very annoying, especially when nesting files and some are vertical and some are horizontal. They come out different sizes. Does anyone know a quick fix, or know why this happens?

Thanks

tanneji

Are they all stretched random directions? or all with the length of the material? If it is all one direction, then it could be one of the sensors going out

Rydaddy

media comp

Over time my Roland xc-540 has been increasingly stretching files during printing... Right now if I send a 24"x36" eps and print 2 side by side on 54" vinyl, the final print will be 36.5" x 24. Very annoying, especially when nesting files and some are vertical and some are horizontal. They come out different sizes. Does anyone know a quick fix, or know why this happens?

Thanks

On our Mimaki, if i wanted to I could adjust the media comp (media feed) to the point that the actual length of the print would be longer than the file size. Is your print banding?

I have a type of 16oz. banner that we print on that pulls off the roll so hard that a 96" banner will measure 95" when complete unless we compensate heavily for it.

ZsVinylInc

Are you running Flexi to print by any chance? If So I had a similar problem and it ended up being a setting in Flexi. Check your Panel Margin setting in the advance tab. I had mine set to .1 and at the end of a six foot run it would almost extended my print by 0.25". One way you can check this for sure is if you load a file and then click the rip and print button. Under the general tab check to see if the sizes for height and width are 24" x 36". If they are larger then go over to the advance tab and under the Contour button change the panel margin to 0. Save the settings. Then go back to the general tab and see if your sizes are now 24" x 36". I don't know why it does it but this was the solution for me on my SP-540V. Hope it helps.

jasonx

Maybe another tip if your using versaworks. Make sure your profile is using the feed calibration from the printer if your setting it from the printer. A lot of profiles have default feed calibration enabled which will give you a different feed calibration and thus make your prints shorter or longer.