• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC540 Nozzle test print from half....5%

Ultraman

Ultraman
Today I worked on my XC540 and I am having Magenta drop out. In the beginning, I had half magenta nozzle test print and after the following adjustment and parts replacement my final test print down to few 5%

- Cartridge are 100% full

- replaced Dampers

- replaced Captops

- used syringe pull for suction

- replaced pumps (I don't see the flow going very well to the drain so I changed another pump again...same result)

- replaced data head flex cables

- replaced three fuses (check with multi meter and it was good but changed anyway)

- replaced hose from pump to drain

After the above, I thought to myself that I might have short the print head so I borrowed a friend print head to try on my Magenta print head and after many many times of medium and powerful clean, the nozzle test print down to 5% (my final nozzle test print picture in black...I took this pix from somewhere just to show you guys only) The only thing I felt doubtful is that when I replaced my friend print head, its tight and wants to bounce upwards. Any feed back appreciated.

Attachments

• Missing half test print.jpg
    Missing half test print.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 238
  • almost missing test print.jpg
    almost missing test print.jpg
    934.2 KB · Views: 224

Gabriel Conti

Most probably you are having viscosity problems on your magenta cartridge. It is ESM, ESM2 or alternative Inks?
When you say syringe pull for suction it was from the damper or capping station ?
Get another cartridge from a different lot, make a couple of hard cleans and try again.

Ultraman

Ultraman
E.Coloney & Gabriel, the ink are full and I did replaced a new cartridge to try but the same. Right now its printing 20% after soaking and part replacement so that tells me its not electronic issue but clogged so I will wait for my print head to arrive and install it to see what happens

Ultraman

Ultraman
Hi! Friend,
Ok! Today I installed a new print head and did powerful cleaning after but Magenta was printing blank again, I was afraid it could be electronic problem now so I thought to myself that its a new head so ink might not get in the head as yet so I did the syringe pull and Whoopi Magenta came back nicely and time to go home. Sometime powerful cleaning still not good enough and need your pull power. Thanks for listening.