• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC540 Strange Line with Image Off-set

LumaMedia

I'm wondering if someone could give me some insight on an issue. (See Photo) Every now and then I get this strange line on my print. Where the line occurs the image seems to skip or off-set itself. It's almost as if it resembles a processing glitch.

Anyone ever see this before?
Could it be a bad or dirty encoder strip?

Note: heads are new, it's not a strike, not banding, and appears randomly when the print is restarted.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20160929_100159.jpg
    IMG_20160929_100159.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_20160929_100147.jpg
    IMG_20160929_100147.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 173

petepaz

do manual cleaning and shine a light up on the heads make sure there is nothing hanging. clean encoder strip. after that i am out of ideas
very important only clean the encoder strip with a dry swab no cleaning solution.

ProPDF

How many print hours are on the machine?
Did it to this before heads were replaced?

Put a new encoder in and encoder sensor on the carriage.
Clean your carriage rail both top and bottom with oil.
Check tension on the carriage belt.

After new encoder and sensor though it should fix the problem.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Does it happen regardless of file type? Grants Pass, haven't been thru there in a long time! Miss OR!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It resembles an encoder issue but the magenta line is pointing more towards an electrical short. Turn the machine off, unplug it and hit the power button a couple times. Wait about 10 minutes and then double check all of you head cables. At this point everyone always say, "I know they are in there correct!" check them anyway. They are easily knocked out of place when working on the machine and can wiggle out when the head moves back and forth if they were loose at all during install. You are checking for ink/debris/damage/burns on the connectors, make sure they are plugged in all the way and not crooked as well. If everything looks good, it could be so many things that you probably want to get a tech out there.

iam808

You're right about it being a processing glitch. Hard wire a computer to the printer and that will go away. It can get worse, see attached. Fortunately it's not indicative of a larger problem, just noise on your network.

Attachments

• IMAG1749.jpg
    IMAG1749.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 172