• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xerox 8265 / Rockhopper III cyan/magenta problem

Sakis Varatzas

Hello to everyone! I have a problem in printing magenta and cyan on my Xerox / Mutoh machine. I have done all proper maintanance, also changed dumpers but problem persists. Do you thing it is the print heads? It's been 4 years since i changed all of them and now it would be hard for us to buy new ones again.... Any solutions / recommendations? Thanx in advance!
50CI7Ef
alLtasc

Last edited:

v0y4ger

Sold our big beast of a girl two years ago. But I used to have loads of problems with the ink dropping out.

First thing is first, that nozzle check will show up any deflections but it’s highly unlikely to be all 4 heads to be honest.

My trouble shooting guide went a bit like this:
Run a few strong cleaning cycles to see if that helps.
Send a print with CMYK block colours - because sometimes a heavy print will help.
In the menu do a “charge ink” (or something similar, can’t remember the actual name of the program.
Using a bud pad soaked in cleaning fluid, send the head to the far left and use the mirror to physically clean the heads

If all else fails, you can syringe the ink through - box next to the pumps on the right hand side.

Let me know how you get on :)

Sakis Varatzas

Sold our big beast of a girl two years ago. But I used to have loads of problems with the ink dropping out.

First thing is first, that nozzle check will show up any deflections but it’s highly unlikely to be all 4 heads to be honest.

My trouble shooting guide went a bit like this:
Run a few strong cleaning cycles to see if that helps.
Send a print with CMYK block colours - because sometimes a heavy print will help.
In the menu do a “charge ink” (or something similar, can’t remember the actual name of the program.
Using a bud pad soaked in cleaning fluid, send the head to the far left and use the mirror to physically clean the heads

If all else fails, you can syringe the ink through - box next to the pumps on the right hand side.

Let me know how you get on :)

Thank you for your advices. Already tried all the above but i haven't seen a lot of improvement.