• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help xerox 8265 to mutoh spitfire 65

Mr Moss

hi all ,i managed to get into activation code menu by use of this code 0266 for firmware sx3.04 on the xerox 8265 to try and change it to mutoh spitfire 65,now i seem to be stuck.it does not recognize mutoh valuejet chips for 440ml type 2.initially it was using 220ml carts from xerox.

i think i may have done something wrong in setting it up as i dont know the correct model to put under pnp id and the following steps after that.anybody with information to help me out will be greately appreciated,i was using a guide from lavaink(How to change from Agfa to Mutoh) for conversion but i think it was too general and not very specific to the model i have.

at the back of the printer is written spe3065u
please shed some light on what can be done.

Last edited:

Ahmed Samy Nagada

You have to use 1 litre type Ver 1.0 (I made that move in 2007) The Spitfire machines were designed only to work with mild solvent inks in the 1 litter configuration. It is very easy to make the machine think that is working in mild solvent mode perhaps you were putting eco ink in the refill system. The machine only know what the smart card says, and if they say that were mild solvent inks the machine will work right, not matter that you have in your cartridges eco ink. I have original 1 litre Mutoh cards available for sale at good price.

Mr Moss

You have to use 1 litre type Ver 1.0 (I made that move in 2007) The Spitfire machines were designed only to work with mild solvent inks in the 1 litter configuration. It is very easy to make the machine think that is working in mild solvent mode perhaps you were putting eco ink in the refill system. The machine only know what the smart card says, and if they say that were mild solvent inks the machine will work right, not matter that you have in your cartridges eco ink. I have original 1 litre Mutoh cards available for sale at good price.

hi.thanks for the response,i think i have made my situation worse by trying to downgrade firmware.now i get gerror E1 on startup(please check printer chip),it was on sx3.04 so i downgraded it to 3.02 which is now a major problem.i guess they blocked the ability to downgrade.

does anybody have 3.04 or higher firmware for spitfire?.on mutoh ftp site i cant get it as they have changed the password.

Mr Moss

I am so happy.sx3.06 worked and I now seem to have more control of the machine unlike before from xerox firmware.see pics

Oh and thanks a lot man.we will def talk about those cards you have.
59fad3518b455a075d1e238fb3acd255.jpg
a99d53b891b00f946af1e5662cd7511b.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Mr Moss

hi.thanks for the response,i think i have made my situation worse by trying to downgrade firmware.now i get gerror E1 on startup(please check printer chip),it was on sx3.04 so i downgraded it to 3.02 which is now a major problem.i guess they blocked the ability to downgrade.

does anybody have 3.04 or higher firmware for spitfire?.on mutoh ftp site i cant get it as they have changed the password.
eco solvent ink wont go through ink tubes?in my country ther is no mild solvent.only eco solvent

Mr Moss

I programmed 1L chip but it cant detect it.
I now think it's because I have not installed the rom.mea and msa keep timing out when I try to install.

On powering up I pressed the left arrow button and it wrote no rom installed

Any ideas to solve this?

Mr Moss

I programmed 1L chip but it cant detect it.
I now think it's because I have not installed the rom.mea and msa keep timing out when I try to install.

On powering up I pressed the left arrow button and it wrote no rom installed

Any ideas to solve this?