• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XJ-740 Magenta Problem

n.libiran

I'm using a Roland Soljet Pro III (XJ-740), I have a problem with the magenta. After over 1' of printing (I'm printing 3' x 12' layouts most of the time) the magenta seems to stop firing, I've check the hose and it doesn't have any air in it, the dampers are also filled with ink. 1 line of the magenta on the test print is scattered with white areas, I've done a dozen intermediate cleanings, a few powerful cleanings plus 2 manual cleanings but it's still the same. Does anybody have any suggestions on what else to do?

Gallant Reflex

Check to be sure you're ink cartridge is not empty. It's amazing how many times this is the culprit.

Check the cap station, as it may be due for replacement and if it is not sealing properly your pump will lose suction and air could get into the system.

n.libiran

Thank you for replying immediately, all my ink cartridges are new. Forgive me for asking this but is the cap station the black plastic on top of the print head where the dampers are plugged in? I've replaced the one on the magenta head, it came with a small rubber fitting.

You may have a cracked damper O-ring. What does your test print look like after you do a normal cleaning? All those powerful cleanings aren't doing anything but costing you money. This is NOT normal for any Roland printer. Ddi you put the cap on? Did you get it in the proper spot and so it will roll and adjust like the oter caps? Feel how they fell as you roll you finger over the top, does yours feel the same...if not you have put the cap on backwards. The plastic hanging part is toward the back and hose toward the front. when you put it in.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
You may try soaking he head for about 30 mins. Move the heads over to the right like you are going to clean them then put a clamp on the hose going to the cap associated with the magenta head. Fill the cap (pour cleaning solution into the cap) until it id full. The clamp will prevent it from draining. Move the heads back and let them sit for 30 mins.

After 30 mins move the heads over to the left again and remove the clamp. Perform a cleaning and see how that works.

If it doesn't you may need to try sucking the ink through the head with a syringe attached to the hose under the cap. Do a search on this forum for more details.