• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XL POLE BANNERS - 3 POLES?

Brandon708

I'm doing a job for a customer that wants 36" x 240" pole banners for the side of a parking garage. My first thought is that is a lot of surface area for wind to catch hold of. I thought of putting and additional pole and pocket in the middle of the banner to hold it better in place. Does anyone have experience with this large of a banner?

We are custom making the pole hardware out of all stainless steel. 2" solid rod and .5" plate. I'm not worried about the hardware jut the banners holding up. We are going to use a Ultra smooth 18oz blockout banner that is sewn. (Wind-slits too)

Attached is a drawing i did for the banners and hardware. The size changed from 42" to 36" wide by my suggestion.

My question is will i need 3 poles or will 2 be okay?

Thanks,
Brandon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180508-230901.png
    Screenshot_20180508-230901.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
The ones I have done had a spring in between the pole and the plate. If the wind load got too great it could flex and dump the load. Otherwise. you put a lot of stress on your anchors that mount it to the building. I would worry about that solid plate and bar falling on someone unless you are through bolting it.