• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XPEL - Does anyone still do this?

bannertime

We did an Xpel class probably 14-15 years ago. After that we did one high end car and never had another request for it. We had a dealership ask if we could make some paint protection pieces for them. I know Xpel is still around, but wanted to know if anyone is an Xpel dealer and what the current opinion is. I'm not interested in wraps and such, but PPF was a cake walk. Any other players in the game now that might be easier to sign back up with?

P.S. I'm interested enough to offer it if a customer ask, but I'm not going to make it major facet of the business.

Dallas225

We are an Xpel dealer, we stock a few rolls of material at all times and have their dap software for cutting patterns. We actually sell quite a few kits a year - mostly high end vehicles, we’ve had a few $3000+ packages in the last year. I actually just priced a $7400 package for a new Escalade last week. I wouldn’t have a vehicle without it on honestly - truly great paint protection film and basically invisible when installed correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2B

Fellers has several different films for PPF usage.

trying to remember the interview I watched where they talked/had several key companies in graphics at one panel and one of the talkers discussed the pros/cons to offering PPF film

You can sign up through xpel as a dealer, and purchase precut kits directly from them. The DAP software is great, but comes at a high price if you don’t purchase enough film monthly. I’d suggest just buying their kits with a dealer account until you starting buying enough. In my opinion they have the best PPF. The ultimate line is great stuff

Clem

At a previous job they were an auto accessory supplier/ installer- i ran the vehicle graphics department.

they had a guy doing paint protection films (we stocked a range) full time, 7hrs a day, 6 days a week.
mostly for the local car dealers as an upsell on a new car, heaps for the local luxury car owners too.

last i heard they're trying to get help for the installer to meet demand- so in Newcastle, Aus the PPF industry is bustling