• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XR-640 Cutting Force Problem

bastropsigns

Hi guys,
I have a xr-640 roland 2013, single owner.

My issue started when performing PerfCutContours, on the right half side of the sheet (Control Panel side) stickers where cutting at the right force. On the left side maybe 13" in some stickers where cut not with the same force. The problem seems to be increasing as time went on working its way to the right side of the sheet.

When doing test cuts on unlaminated film, I used to able to cut around 80 force, now I need to be around 145 just to be able to weed it.

I have replaced,
Blades, Blade Holders, Cutter Strip, Cut Guides and Cable, Cut Carriage Board and Servo Board, and today I replace the Cut Carriage Solenoid....

Roland Techs are stumped, I spent around 3,500 - 4,000 in last three weeks trying to get this going.

Anything else or time to buy a new one?

Last edited:

C5 Service&Repair

what blades are you using? Who replaced the cutting strip? and was the cutting strip OEM Roland?
Bearings and rail are in spec?
Have you replaced the blade holder? Is your blade holder the black plastic one or the steel one?

bastropsigns

what blades are you using? Who replaced the cutting strip? and was the cutting strip OEM Roland?
Bearings and rail are in spec?
Have you replaced the blade holder? Is your blade holder the black plastic one or the steel one?

Using Roland 45 Degree blades new and sealed pack, went through 2 cutting strips, cleaned, inspected and installed by me every time. Replaced blade holder with Metal and Plastic one. Strips is OEM from Roland vendor dealer. Cleaned rails and lubricated along with bearings. Roland and I are stumped on this one.

bastropsigns

Did you do limit initialization?
Thats funny that you say that. My cutter kept disconnecting three days ago, I then performed limit initialization to fix the problem.... I didn't even try to do a cut file test. Would this deal with the cut pressure across the platen?

Gabil

Gary
Have you swapped flex cable from tool carriage to servo board?
Seems like you have force problem on scan direction.
Try this:

1. Under user menu go to CUTTING MENU->CALIBRATION->SCAN SETTING and set the value to 0
2. Perform PRINT-CUT ADJUSTMENT under user
3. Perform ADJUST-BIDIR under user.
4. Make sure CUTTING MENU->AUTO.ENV MATCH is enabled.
5. Adjust belt tension
6. Adjust crop mark sensor CROPMARK SENSE->OUTLEVEL CHECK
7. Adjust tool height

Last edited: