• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help XR-640 White and Metalic dried up

Martin McGinn

Hi folks. Bought a Roland XR-640 that had been sitting up for a while. Replaced all cartridges but White and Metallic not firing and test print not perfect. Would be happy to print just with CMYKLcLm. Have done numerous cleans etc and although the quality as improved i'm still a long way off. Any suggestions, ideas that dont involve buying new print heads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Martin ..

Attachments

• Printhead1.JPG
    Printhead1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 181
  • print2.JPG
    print2.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 177

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You can try soaking the print heads in cleaning solution, but my assessment, based on experience, is your printheads are toast. With that much deflection, the large groups of missing nozzles and the massive overspray indicates some serious issues with both heads. Solvent printers that sit for a long time without any ink movement through the heads usually have the ink dry up inside the head and it is almost impossible to clear out the dried ink. I know it isn't what you want to hear. Try the soaking and good luck!

Martin McGinn

Thanks for the reply. Have done a head soak and ran numerous prints through it. It has improved greatly from were I started but not to a level that I can use.