• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XR-640

niksagkram

Hi fellow Roland users. Quick question. We have used Roland printers for years, and we are ready to pull the trigger on the purchase of a Roland XR-640. My question is for those of you with an XR-640, did you get the white ink option, and if so was it worth it? We have a VS-540 with white and metallic right now, and, to be honest, we don't push the white too much because it's not as opaque as we would like it, but I have heard/read that the new white inks are much more opaque, giving much better results.
Thanks

Mark

bulldozer

i had mine at my old shop, and it was great. the white ink can be tricky, and it is slow. you can get great results with it.

Correct Color

It's slow, and it will cost you money even if you never use it, because the machine has to cycle white ink through the heads to keep them from clogging. It's also a specialty enough item that if you build it, they won't necessarily come.

So unless you have a built-in market for it, or you want to go out and actively promote it, I'd say no.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Nope, never had really great luck w it, PIA for us and as a production shop never really had the time required to get decent results. If I were to making that purchase today would prob look hard at the TrueVis.

CanuckSigns

Nope, never had really great luck w it, PIA for us and as a production shop never really had the time required to get decent results. If I were to making that purchase today would prob look hard at the TrueVis.

The true viz is a great machine, we have the 64" model, there's not a lot of info on line about them but if you have any questions let me know.