• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XR640 feed roll going loose on one side on long job

mac_man_luke

Hello all

We are in the process of printing a bunch of rolls of mesh banner on our XR640

Having a problem feed roll going loose on one side on long job and it walking a bit - having to reposition it after 10 or 20m sometimes
when id like to be able to send a full 50m down at once.

Iv been making sure i load it super accurate. I played with the position front to back of the roll but there was only a few mm of slack in the screws etc. Didn't seem to make much difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
Luke

Attachments

• IMG_2368.JPG
    IMG_2368.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 153

Ragnabrok

the media on the holders are really dependent on a good grip from their bolt. Those bolts strip from a cool summer breeze it seems. If the bolts aren't holding, they'll slip and have one side of the media sag.

Another possible issue if you are using the take up reel, the dancer bar can also get bumped out of alignment. It has 2 screws on either end that can be loosened, the bar adjusted and tightened again. finding the adjustment that works best is the tricky part.

A worn pinch roller, or grit roller with a bunch of stuff packed into it can also cause this.