Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y-Axis Confirmation

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by Atomic DNA, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Atomic DNA

Atomic DNA Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Western KY
    I've reviewed my manual and still can't find anything on reviewing the cutting width of the material. Once the media "spools", for about a second it will show the X and Y axes and then goes to another screen. I would like to recall the width of the material without having to disengage the pinch rollers and resetting just to get the width. It's probably something simple.

On my old 7000 series, I could just push a button and it would recall the info.

Tags:
  2. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Your cutting software should poll the width when then cut/output dialogue box pops up ... either automatically, or when you click a button. In that way, the software can maximize material usage when paneling, and also warn you that the cut job will be segmented.

3. Atomic DNA

Atomic DNA Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Western KY
    Jim,

I'm using Cutting Master and this is my window. It does not give me the size.

Attached Files:

4. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Press the ? next to media size

5. Atomic DNA

Atomic DNA Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Western KY
    I'm an idiot. That did the trick. Thank you!