• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Y-Axis error?

Stonehouse

I keep getting a y-axis error when my router feeds too fast along the y axis. I can slow down the feed rate, but when the spindle picks up and moves to the next spot to route it defaults to 100 % feed and I get the error again. Every time this happens I must re-datum and start over.
Any suggestions? Is this a hardware problem? A bad motor maybe?

Thanks,
:help:

seattle

When you move the Y by yourself does it make the error or only when there is a job running?
Also does this happen in both directions?

Also also what kind or router?

Henry Petit

Did you ever figure this out? We are having this issue now. Y axis error, please reset, but it will not reset. Gerber 408

Stonehouse

I have'nt been online for a while. Thanks for the input. I'll have to check the Y-axis limit switch? If i can find it. Also, if I physically help it across the y axis I can avoid the error. This makes me think it must be something hanging up or causing some type of friction somewhere.
Again thanks for the help.