• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Y Axis Motor for FC7000-130 Plotter

Carol Brunswick

Need a new Y Axis motor for our FC7000-130 Plotter, it studers when first starting and I get the YPosition Alarm Error.
Graphtec no longer supports this plotter.
Looking at a Puma III any reviews on this brand? We do not need a work horse.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you are having issues with the Y-Axis take a look at the gear that the drive belt is attached to. It has a wider bottom and a thinner top and sometimes the two pieces will separate causing errors and, particularly, it has a hard time finding the pinch rollers. Otherwise, check out Ebay for some used parts. There are plenty of people selling used ones for parts from what I have seen.

I do not like the GCCs. We installed two for a couple of our customers and they both returned them. We went with Graphtec and Mimaki and have never looked back. The new Graphtec CE6000 and FC8600 are great machines and I like the Mimakis because of the illustrator plug-in and ease of use.