• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Y Current leads to no printing...??? HELP

jazzdrum

Wondering if anyone has dealt with this specific issue before -

Mimaki JV3-130

I got the Y Current error and thoroughly cleaned and greased the bar it slides on, everything running fine, got the error again this time from the top bar it runs along, cleaned and greased that, only thing is that now I don't get a single droplet of ink to come out of any of the heads - on a test print not even one tiny speck of ink

More info -

The second time I got the Y Current error I was away from the printer and the carriage stopped right in the middle of the Y-axis, directly above the heating platen which was at 38/38 for about an hour before I go back to see it - my assumption is that the heat dried out the nozzles - after subsequent nozzle washes - one for 20 min, one for 99 min, and some strong cleanings, still not one droplet of ink. I also did a fill up ink procedure and could hear and see the ink coming down into the waste container, so it is pulling ink through the heads, they just wont print a drop of ink still.

If the nozzles are clear, could the heating platen have somehow warped the o rings on the dampers or the dampers themselves - all simultaneously! I am at a loss right now short of dismantle the carraige and testing each head, any help would be much appreciated THANKS!!!!!