• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

y position alarm

signgal01

I keep getting a y position alarm about 50-70% trough a cut job, any advice?
Vicki

After 3 technicians told me that my y motor was probably out and they don't make them any more for the 7000 I was about to order a new machine. I got another tech from Graphtec walk me through a thorough problem shooting, after adjusting my blade and getting my setting reset after a factory reset my plotter is cutting better than before and no more problems.

First thing I try is a factory reset. I set all my conditions from flexi to the plotter so I don't lose anything when doing this. This solves 80% of Graphtec problems. Too much buffered in the memory usually

gabagoo

I have never done this with my FC4100-130... How is it done?

I never have too many issues although I am convinced based on how it cuts some days over others with identical material that there must be some sort of electronic issue with cutting quality...rarely happens but can't figure out any other reason.

THe 8600 you turn of and on and while you turn on you hold up and enter. This gets you to the menu. I would think the 7000 had the same menu for defaults.

joshman2010

I recently had this same problem with Y motor error. I would get random Y position error alarms and then it started becoming constant. I talked to Graphtec and they said replace the motor, but they don' sell it anymore. But I have seemed to have solved the problem and the machine works 100% now.

The problem with the Y motor lies within the encoder. This is on the bottom of the motor and one gold screw is holding the cover on. When you take the cover off you will find a glass disc connected to the center shaft. This disc is read by an optical sensor. I had very small dust particles on the encoder disc. I slowly and patiently and softly cleaned the disc with Q tips. I used a magnifying glass to see a little closer than normal. After cleaning the disc and putting everything back together the machine works perfectly now.

I hope this helps everyone with the mysterious Y position error.

Project Sign

I recently had this same problem with Y motor error. I would get random Y position error alarms and then it started becoming constant. I talked to Graphtec and they said replace the motor, but they don' sell it anymore. But I have seemed to have solved the problem and the machine works 100% now.

The problem with the Y motor lies within the encoder. This is on the bottom of the motor and one gold screw is holding the cover on. When you take the cover off you will find a glass disc connected to the center shaft. This disc is read by an optical sensor. I had very small dust particles on the encoder disc. I slowly and patiently and softly cleaned the disc with Q tips. I used a magnifying glass to see a little closer than normal. After cleaning the disc and putting everything back together the machine works perfectly now.

I hope this helps everyone with the mysterious Y position error.
Hi, any way you can send a pict of where that is on the machine?