• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ya learn something new everyday.

Bellicose

Further to my post.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?123540-Well-well-what-s-going-on-here-then-pffft

My CorelDRAW trial ran out and was just about to purchase the H & S version but found a solution.

My cutter software has a limited amount of save file formats and plt is the best & easiest (for cutter to recognise) so used Corel to import Inkscape SVG files into, then save from Corel to plt, then open in cutting software.

I did all this as Inkscape wouldn't save as plt (plug-in not found).

SO what i found is this.

Design in Inkscape - save as hpgl - go into folder where item has been saved - rename item, eg; Drawing.hpgl & rename it Drawing.plt.

It comes up with a warning about loss of content (maybe) but i've done a few now and they're fine.

So all 'n all a simple (and thankfully very cheap lol) fix.

PS: I tried to "make" my cutter a 'printer' and almost had it but didn't work right. Hence this kinda dodgy work-around LOL.