• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Year and a half report on USTECH 65" Laminator

trakers

Year and a half in after purchasing our USTECH 65” Laminator from Dave at USTECH.

Things are still working great. As you may have read in my original thread, we web the machine via the method I learned from Scott at Feller’s and tho it makes it pretty easy, we actually leave the machine webbed all the time. We tape down the material to the back shelf and raise the rollers *just* enough that they aren’t touching.

When it comes time to laminate we lower the rollers, remove the tape and away we go. Saves time and material and works like a champ. Been doing that for basically the whole time we have owned the unit.

The machine hadn’t been used for awhile as we hand laminate our smaller jobs, but even after a significant period of non-use, we did the above and laminated about a dozen 8ft pieces with no issues, outside those damn eyebrow hairs that get in there somehow.

Speaking of that, what is the most bizarre things you guys have caught in your lams?

For us it’s the ever present eyebrow hairs (could be worse), flies, a cricket and those damn orange lady bug like Asian beetles. Almost got an X-Acto knife once, that would have been interesting.