• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellotools BodyGuard Knife

Moze

Precision Sign Services
So I've seen it mentioned on here a couple of times and I believe it was all good things said about it. Are there other alternatives or is this 'the one' to get?

Seems like it would get stuck to the back of the vinyl....no?

VTSigns

It works pretty good. We use it on an almost daily basis. The knife comes with a small guard that has a teflon type tape on it. The tape definitely helps the knife slide better. You have to keep the knife moving in order for it not to stick to the vinyl.

We also have this top sheet cutter from olfa (http://www.amazon.com/Sheet-Liner-C...=1376876069&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=olfa+ts-1). It works surprisingly well as long as you keep the blade fresh. It can take some effort cutting thought thicker backing paper. It takes some practice to get the hang of.

a77

I really like ours.
Just ordered two more last Friday. I think it's a really useful tool.

Just got to keep it moving like signspot says - works great.

TheSnowman

I got one a month and a half or so ago for doing two of these jobs. The windows were 13' long and I was dreading installing it the conventional way. I just had two people help me, we marked our registration on the window, had them hold it out, and I cut a chunk of liner out of the middle. I squeegeed that down in the middle, and then we had two separate pieces to work with. Someone here suggested it to me, and it was the best tool for this scenario I'd have ever drempt up.

It does catch a little, but like said before, keep moving and you'll be fine slicing the back once you get going. The glass tape on it really does help with that. You'll love it. Once you have it, you find all kinds of jobs to use it for.

Image.jpg

MikePro

great tool, and easily ordered from the Fellers' catalog.
I'm about to order two more, as we keep fighting over who's toolbox it stays in.

three months of heavy use, and the teflon tape finally started peeling-up at the leading edge. I simply clipped-off the part of the tape that wouldn't stick back down, and it still glides across the adhesive backing like it was brand-new.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Thank you very much for the responses, I appreciate it. I'll get one ordered.

mudmedia

it is a good tool. I prefer the bodyguard knife over the snitty or the 3m paper cutter tool. My teflon only lasted like 3 days on it but other than that its a great tool.