• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Yellow Cast When Ripping At Max Dpi With Onyx

briansipsy

I'm using Onyx to rip graphics to my HP Scitex FB500. When I try to use the Max DPI Saturated mode, the entire image (including the white areas) will have a dark yellow cast. This began at some point while another guy was running our vinyl/print department and I was in a different department. The guy was fired and I took it back over, and now this is happening. I'm not sure what he did to cause it to do that, so I'm not quite sure how to go about remedying the problem. Anyone familiar with this?

Joe House

Is the profile you're using created for that print mode? Do you have the ability to linearize that profile - IE an i1 or other spectrophotometer? That would be the right way.
The other way, if your rip supports it would be to cut back yellow or add blue to the file.- quick and dirty to get a job out, but this would only affect the current job. Linearization would be the long term fix and should be a regular part of your color management process.

briansipsy

I just removed and reinstalled the driver and profiles for the printer. I couldn't get my spectrometer to work, but the reinstall worked great. Thanks for the reply though!

Joe House

My guess would be that he tweaked some obscure setting for some genius reason we'll never be able to figure out. Good catch.