• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow ink not getting into damper.. Please help..

ronl1975

Been 2 days now.. desperate.. 1 time as you see I got some yellow to come out but it was a fluke... Help please! Please see pics.

Attachments

• 20160909_120042.jpg
    20160909_120042.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 14284955_10210518666193709_946609774_o.jpg
    14284955_10210518666193709_946609774_o.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 126

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You probably have a bad cap top and/or the seal between the damper and ink line has been broken. Use a syringe to pull ink in the damper manually. Once ink is in both yellow dampers, it should stay and not recede. If it does, there is a bad seal. If it stays, run a cleaning cycle. If the head fires, you're good to go. if the head doesn't fire, replace the cap top.

ronl1975

You probably have a bad cap top and/or the seal between the damper and ink line has been broken. Use a syringe to pull ink in the damper manually. Once ink is in both yellow dampers, it should stay and not recede. If it does, there is a bad seal. If it stays, run a cleaning cycle. If the head fires, you're good to go. if the head doesn't fire, replace the cap top.

Cap top is brand new (it was what I thought originally). I try to syringe ink in but it recedes. Where would the bad seal be located at typically?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is an O-ring between the brass nut and ink line that connects the damper to the ink line. That o-ring can go bad. Also, over time it can make an impression on the ink line which can cause air leaks. If the dampers are older than a year+ I would just change the dampers and o-rings.

ronl1975

There is an O-ring between the brass nut and ink line that connects the damper to the ink line. That o-ring can go bad. Also, over time it can make an impression on the ink line which can cause air leaks. If the dampers are older than a year+ I would just change the dampers and o-rings.

O-ring appears good. Just put in a brand new damper still nothing..