• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Yellow School Bus Wrap

2B

Moving this from the premium for more comments

School District has asked for a quote to wrap their yellow athletic bus.
  • 2016 Blue Bird Bus
  • 71 Passenger’s
  • Top of the roof is about 10 feet from the ground.
  • Sets about 20 inches off of the ground
  • 39 feet long, bumper to bumper
  • 7 feet 6 inches wide
  • covering all of the yellow from the white roof down, on all sides
  • Including Perf on the glass
    2016_BlueBird_71Pass.JPG

A rough estimate has us at $13,879.00
high / low?

has anyone done these and do you have pointers?

2B

it's a school they prob have 9k budget for it.
Yes, we know the school will have a lower than reality budget.
Just trying to get a baseline so when we meet with them we can present the "average" cost

Just right, did a similar project for a similar price recently.
Thanks for the confirmation
Where there any notes of concern or hindsight changes?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Thanks for the confirmation
Where there any notes of concern or hindsight changes?
Not that much, the installers hated it though, took multiple installers multiple days. We did talk them into using some spray paint in areas like hood latch recesses. This bus was not going to be used to transport students ever again, it is now a "meals on wheels" bus for the local students. We did the bus from the roof-line down in vertical panels, and did a narrow horizontal panel for the "roof" area on each side. We printed the perf all together in horizontal panels. I would take your lead installer to look at the bus in person and have them tell you if they have any suggestions to make their days easier.

equippaint

Not that much, the installers hated it though, took multiple installers multiple days. We did talk them into using some spray paint in areas like hood latch recesses. This bus was not going to be used to transport students ever again, it is now a "meals on wheels" bus for the local students. We did the bus from the roof-line down in vertical panels, and did a narrow horizontal panel for the "roof" area on each side. We printed the perf all together in horizontal panels. I would take your lead installer to look at the bus in person and have them tell you if they have any suggestions to make their days easier.
Same as these? We just painted the front end and some misc areas to tie it in. 3 total, first 2 wraps looked mediocre, 3rd a different co did it and it looked bad, all tented and hacked together. After seeing these, I wouldnt want anything to do with it. Looks like a real pita.
D726FEF6-9915-4602-A291-4441D84A7F66.jpeg

jfiscus

Rap Master
Same as these? We just painted the front end and some misc areas to tie it in. 3 total, first 2 wraps looked mediocre, 3rd a different co did it and it looked bad, all tented and hacked together. After seeing these, I wouldnt want anything to do with it. Looks like a real pita.
View attachment 142383
The one we did looked like this, but yes, same concept.
We used IJ480 due to the amount of rivets/recesses.
lunchbus.jpg