• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yep... Multicam Support is still terrible.

synergy_jim

I'll begin this awesome little story with the fact that my Multicam 1000 series router crashed hard on Friday. We began the typical trouble shooting process. Z axis errors. We made a few changes... same thing. After 5 hours of trying various small things, I decide to give Multicam Great Lakes a call... I figured why the heck not. I know I have never gotten any info from them that was ever worth a damn, but things change and its been over a year, so lets see if they have hired any worth wile techs.

The answer is no.

After having a plan already formulated in my mind, I called them Monday to try them out again. What I got from the tech was a 10 steps backward approach that would never help anyone. I'm convinced that these guys have a script to read from that runs you in circles so you have to bite the bullet and call in for a service call. Then they take your credit card before they even send a tech.

So, the only helpful piece of info i needed from the tech was a wiring schematic. He was supposed to call me back in an hour and send it to me. Its now tuesday 5:35pm

After waiting for the hour yesterday, i continued my trouble shooting and found it was a broken wire in the z axis controller cable. It was a simple fix.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my router. It may break one every year or so, but its usually simple fixes. What I don't understand is the terrible support. There are shops out there that have no idea how to troubleshoot and fix these things..... I guess they either go out of business or pay through the nose to a Multicam tech that is half trained and " MIGHT " fix the machine in 3 days.

synergy_jim

The Tech called me back this morning....

" did you get that figured out " my answer...... Yep I sure did. I don't have time to sit around and wait on you people.... thanks for nothing.

synergy_jim

Working through some tech issues with Multicam now. I have to say I must have finally gotten though to the right people and things are going great now. The router has been fixed for a while, but I'm getting everything set up for next time.