• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yes, people are really like that...

Pat Whatley

Customer called this morning asking about a wrap. Got his specs, did some math, told him "We can do that for thirty two fifty." He asks about a discount for doing two vans, asked a few design questions and said he was ready to get started. Told him he would need to come by, let me get pics of the van, and give me a 50% deposit and I'd get him on the books. Asked how much the deposit was and I told him "Tax and all the deposit would be $1787.50" The next few minutes were him trying to understand why the wrap wasn't "$32.50" like I'd told him at the beginning of the call.

ams

Doesn't surprise me. I've quoted wraps at $3,000 and they say "Holy crap I could get the whole car painted for that!" Generally corporate accounts will pay it as they know how much it costs, but joe off the street will have a heartattack over it.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Same here. If it's some kind of simple stripe package we tell them they're better off ordering from a company that sell the stripes by the thousands and they will get them a lot cheaper than us. They have them sitting on the shelf from known templates etc. We're not the cheapest in town but sometimes you get what you pay for.

clarizeyale

"Why is my quote more than my buddies and I have (seemingly) less graphics than what's on his van?"

Because your van is twice the size as his so it requires twice the amount of material....... o_O

Breezy85

Could you have instead said "Three thousand two hundred fifty, before tax," versus "thirty two fifty" - that could have been the misunderstanding when he thought it was $32.50 rather than $3,250 plus tax.

Breezy85

HAHAHAHA Breezy you are so new its amusing

I'm sorry....is that supposed to be sarcasm??? I'm not saying the customer is right, but I'm just saying that how certain things are verbalized can be taken different ways. That maybe could have been the misunderstanding. I'm just stating an observation in verbal wording and where the confusion could have been from the customer.

I have enough experience to know what I'm doing most of the time, but some things are still new to me. No need to insult me if that's where you were going with that comment.

Last edited:

ams

I'm sorry....is that supposed to be sarcasm??? I'm not saying the customer is right, but I'm just saying that how certain things are verbalized can be taken different ways. That maybe could have been the misunderstanding. I'm just stating an observation in verbal wording and where the confusion could have been from the customer.

I have enough experience to know what I'm doing most of the time, but some things are still new to me. No need to insult me if that's where you were going with that comment.

This forum is full of bullies who will make fun of you. It used to bother me, but I just plain don't care anymore. I roll with the punches and joke back. Trust me it's not worth fighting because it's like taking on a gang. They will team up and tear you down. So just ignore it and move on or mute the person you don't like.

Breezy85

This forum is full of bullies who will make fun of you. It used to bother me, but I just plain don't care anymore. I roll with the punches and joke back. Trust me it's not worth fighting because it's like taking on a gang. They will team up and tear you down. So just ignore it and move on or mute the person you don't like.

Good to know. I don't need that kind of drama.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Customer called this morning asking about a wrap. Got his specs, did some math, told him "We can do that for thirty two fifty." He asks about a discount for doing two vans, asked a few design questions and said he was ready to get started. Told him he would need to come by, let me get pics of the van, and give me a 50% deposit and I'd get him on the books. Asked how much the deposit was and I told him "Tax and all the deposit would be $1787.50" The next few minutes were him trying to understand why the wrap wasn't "$32.50" like I'd told him at the beginning of the call.
Did you get the customer's name? Was it Antman by chance?
antman.jpg

clarizeyale

This sounds like the forums I used to go on back in High School/College filled with (mostly) teenage boys... seems like nothing changes. o_O

ams

This sounds like the forums I used to go on back in High School/College filled with (mostly) teenage boys... seems like nothing changes. o_O

People will say anything on the internet, but when you meet them in person they are completely different and back down and become scared because you can physically harm them. They like to be in control on the internet.

player

I don't think anybody was bullying anyone here. It IS laughable that a customer could be so f*cking cluelessly stupid to think a vehicle could be wrapped for $32.50.

You couldn't get a vehicle washed for $32.50.

So the post suggesting we annunciate the dollar amounts in long form so $3,250 isn't mistaken for $32.50 is humorous.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I don't think anybody was bullying anyone here. It IS laughable that a customer could be so f*cking cluelessly stupid to think a vehicle could be wrapped for $32.50.

You couldn't get a vehicle washed for $32.50.

So the post suggesting we annunciate the dollar amounts in long form so $3,250 isn't mistaken for $32.50 is humorous.

If i coulda hit like 100 times i would have.

I mean, there's Capt. Obvious then there's this...

Could you have instead said "Three thousand two hundred fifty, before tax," versus "thirty two fifty" - that could have been the misunderstanding when he thought it was $32.50 rather than $3,250 plus tax.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You'd hafta be a real dope to not know the difference in those prices. Sure, there are all kinds of ways of preventing it from happening again, but who cares ?? I wouldn't wanna deal with someone that frickin' dumb.

Forum bullies...... think about it this way......... There are people who will point out the obvious and then there are those who take offense to everything because it wasn't worded the way they want/like it. Then, the very people complaining about bullies are the same people who say, if they met you in person, you'd back down. Now..... who is the bully ?? Dream on..................

There is no such thing as control on the internet.... it's all in your head and for those who get butt hurt instantly are not the ones gonna do any physical harm. They're the same ones who overuse the 'ignore' button. How in the world do you people survive ??

:banghead:

Breezy85

Well laugh to yourself. No need to mock others.
I feel bad for you that you need to put others down and try to intimidate others to make you feel good about yourself.
I'm done responding on this. Keep your low comments of me to yourself, thank you.

clarizeyale

People will say anything on the internet, but when you meet them in person they are completely different and back down and become scared because you can physically harm them. They like to be in control on the internet.

LOL I know first hand. Those kids used to make fun of me so much online cuz it was easy. Then as soon as they met me, they were like statues cuz oh sh*t, it's a girl! :D

Everything aside, Breezy was just doing her part trying to be helpful but of course, it was taken in some other way. :rolleyes: cuz the internetz.