• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yet, another freaking problem

MrNick86

So I begin printing my first bed today and after 6 inches yellow cuts out, but not completely. One of the two heads is firing every other column of nozzles. I saw that "artbot" had addressed this issue months back, except his was only half of the head doing so. I disconnected the data cable to find it pooled with ink. After cleaning the cable, adapter, and the top of the head I still had the same problem. Swapping the cable and even the data adapter gave the same result eliminating the those and the headboard from the equation. Is this the result of a dead head, or should I say "half dead", lol?

Please take a look, if there is any other things I can try to test before replacing the head it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Y2 HEAD ERROR.jpg
    Y2 HEAD ERROR.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 102

Nameci

Hello Nick,

have you tried to pass thru flush thru the printhead? It would give you an indication if heads are clogged or head electronics have gone bad. If you have tried to connect yellow head to cyan or magenta channel and it still exhibits the same registration, in my opinion the head is shot.