• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You trippin?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So, marijuana is becoming legal around the country and that doesnt bother me. I've been driving past weed stores all week here in Colorado. They are starting to take a step further into the legalization, Denver voted to decriminalize magic mushrooms. Even that doesn't bother me. I think the line should be drawn at coke, meth and herion. What do you think about the move towards mushrooms? Personally I'd like to try it before I croak...but not now, got too many responsibilities. What would be next after mushrooms?

ProPDF

If the process is natural I think it's fine. When it's got to be manufactured like Coke, Heroin and Meth it's not fine. I think the shrooms will have an interesting impact on people and I am really curious what it does for people with depression.

WildWestDesigns

If the process is natural I think it's fine.

Once it becomes mainstream legalization, I don't think it will be much, if any, natural process about it.

But then again, some people don't mind inhaling chemicals found in pesticides and spending a lot of money to do that, so I don't think they are going to care much about if it's natural or not.

Jburns

You must have been cruising Colfax? Lakewood :)
I live here - no sales for marijuana are allowed in my county south of Denver (Douglas) it’s nice.
The problem with marijuana is once legalized all the teens started - and not good for their brains.

2. Mushrooms only passed in Denver - not the state - and it was by a few thousand votes. I think all the stoners turned out for that vote.
3. The mushroom crowd is pretty small- but news reports up to the vote had to show both sides. The only positive ones were maybe 100 ( edit: less than a handful actually) people in Denver who said it helped their situation.

We’ll see - no places can sell it - but you can’t be cited for it anymore.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You must have been cruising Colfax? Lakewood :)

I'm down in the springs.. We have a family house here and I come every few months so I'm not totally connected with the culture here...nor do I want to be to say the least. It's only medical here and of the 100 or so dispenseres most of them don't ever seem to have customers ... Really, the only reason I come here is to escape the humidity and be able to breathe out of my nose for a few days...

ikarasu

Weeds been legal in Canada for awhile. In BC we've had stores selling it out in the open for 5+ Years.

We haven't had an increase in accidents, no increase in DUIS, Pretty much everything people were worried about didn't happen. The worst is you can walk down the street and the smell will hit you... I like the smell, my wife gets headaches from it. So yes.. There is a downside I guess.

I personally think everything should be decriminalized. I think all non addictive drugs should be legal and all addictive ones like coke, meth and heroin should remain illegal to sell.... But no jail time over using it. Forced rehab / detox would be the better option, with dealers getting jail time.

I don't drink, or smoke or do drugs. I tried a herbal gummy just to try.... I didn't like it. But it didnt kill me, and it did less damage to me than a beer or a single cigarette would have done to me.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Decriminalize everything, let the stoopid ones die out. Ban Narcan and ban code calls for ODs.

I've lost, at last count, at least 15 people from my generation due to heroin. Tired of caring. It's a disease, but it starts with a choice, and there is no excuse for not knowing. You KNOW you're going to get addicted, it's been ingrained in our heads for decades now.

Hell, go a step further and tax/regulate/ensure that the product being sold is so cheap, that there is no money in it for drug dealers to make any. Make dosage units correct and pure so that chance of OD is regulated. Sell EVERYTHING at a dispensary and track usage through single-use radio-freq containers that squeal when opened - and only allow people to purchase one at a time through use of a prepaid drug card. If someone is going to try and beat all that and still double/triple/overdose, that's their problem - not that of EMS.

billsines

Interesting...I am on the border of Indiana and Michigan...just got word a few weeks ago they are razing about a 1000 acre farm of blueberries in MI in order to put in marijuana. Guy sold his farm because he is retiring, I believe. He loathes that they are putting in pot. They put up about a 12' fence all the way around, with no see through netting, security cameras everywhere. There will be a cost associated with putting this stuff in. For that area, they will lose a family run U-pick blueberry farm and all that produce to pot. In my opinion, that is a big tragedy. On the upside, I went up there with a few trailers and bought 50 mature blueberry plants for $5 each.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, if they legalize it, it's no different than allowing people to fly an airplane or go on a train ride. You pay for it, pay whatever the taxes are on it and go on your merry way. You get to your destination which is Highsville and wait for the return trip. I just get a kick out of all the people who think they're fooling the system. The system failed big time on this and after all these years of fighting it and lives now lost for nothing, we just give in and let the people do what they want. It seems to be the way of the land for the last 50 or so years. We just give in to the squeaky wheel and go on our merry way. Some day, when there's nothing left to give, what will happen ?? Start having human sacrifices, I guess. Oh wait, they already are doing that, just not legally. Give it time.

Again, I could care less if you smoke, inhale or vape the sh!t..... whatever makes ya happy. :wavingflag:

TimToad

If one truly believes in "freedom" as well as freedom of choice, then it's a no brainer to allow people to choose how and why they use any substance they deem appropriate for their pleasure, well being and even health needs.

As more and more data comes out about the medical potential of CBD and marijuana, its stigma keeps lessening.

Our state is one of the newer ones to approve it and at least in our area there has been a pretty careful, comprehensive approach taken to license approval and limitations on how many stores can be placed in a community. Local governments like our backwards thinking town have been able to prohibit it completely, but they lose out on tapping into what will be both the enormous tax revenue and business potential.

30 minutes away are the only two stores in the entire county and as a patron to both, I find them to be well run, with good security measures, top quality products that are tested for purity and dosage and a positive, stigma free shopping environment. Unlike "street" weed, I've yet to be caught off guard by a product's dosage strength or any negative physical effects. The parking areas are patrolled by private security and I've yet to see minors or others hanging around causing trouble in any way. I see far more problems at alcohol related outlets.

I would not support legalization of any chemical compounds with known addictive properties or hallucinogenic effects. While in support of more research into the medical use of mushrooms for depression and other mental illness, broad use of them at a street level would seem to be a step too far for a society that is self medicating at record levels.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, with that belief, why are so many useful and beneficial drugs for one's failing health, not legal in this country, but are 100% deemed safe in the rest of the world ?? Heck, they even wanna take over vitamins and supplements.

Why is it, some of our worst diseases cost so much to care for and are completely distributed by the pharmaceuticals, but regulated by the government..... the same one that gives you the choice of recreational or medical marijuana ??

The double standards are pathetic, along with the costs.

Neil

So, marijuana is becoming legal around the country,
Denver voted to decriminalize magic mushrooms.
What do you think about the move towards mushrooms?

Marijuana is pretty much decriminalized here in Australia, but still not legal for sale for recreational use.
Pity, I reckon that's a good new business concept, that will be probably with us forever more.
Nothing much wrong with a bit of weed, I reckon. May as well make it available for people to buy and enjoy.

Medicinal MJ is becoming more accepted here and elsewhere now.
Governments finally coming to their senses and letting it through.

As for mushrooms though, that's some heavy shtuff.
Basically poison that makes you hallucinate and freak out.
I suppose it's good to decriminalize it though.
Anyone desperate enough, or curious enough, to try them, shouldn't be arrested for it.

Chriswagner92

Marijuana is pretty much decriminalized here in Australia, but still not legal for sale for recreational use.
Pity, I reckon that's a good new business concept, that will be probably with us forever more.
Nothing much wrong with a bit of weed, I reckon. May as well make it available for people to buy and enjoy.

Medicinal MJ is becoming more accepted here and elsewhere now.
Governments finally coming to their senses and letting it through.

As for mushrooms though, that's some heavy shtuff.
Basically poison that makes you hallucinate and freak out.
I suppose it's good to decriminalize it though.
Anyone desperate enough, or curious enough, to try them, shouldn't be arrested for it.

What do you think Alcohol is?

equippaint

There’s money to be made and millions of corporate dollars pushing the medicinal value concept. Theres no incentive to discredit it from the other side at this point. So I call BS.
It’s not magical, its a mind altering drug that is a problem in the workplace and on the roads that will continue to get worse.
Additionally, it has been shown to hinder brain development in teens. I dont see how anyone can get behind another smokable product after years of efforts to get people to stop smoking cigarettes. Theres an overabundance of data showing the harm in not just smoking but respiration of other airborne pollutants. Why is this different?
Now for the culture. Its annoying that peoples lives revolve around this, its an obsession of many and an identity to others. If you are against it they jump all over you. The hypocrisy is heavy. The same states that push for stricter emissions regulations on diesel engines for health reasons are the same states pushing to legalize a product you inhale in your lungs. Then, my favorite. “Its not addicting” says the guy who smokes sun up to sun down for the past 25 years. Just because it doesnt require a medical detox and you dont OD on it does not mean its not addicting.
I dont care if people smoke and dont agree with criminalizing it up to a certain point but if this is your thing, keep it to yourself. Quit cramming your habits down my throat.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Alcohol does not kill, except if you abuse it and destroy your liver. People driving while under the influence is a different story. However, the alcohol doesn't do the killing, the impaired driver who is too stupid to call a cab is the blame. Do you think impaired pot smokers or shrooms will give you a better driving ability ?? The guy drinking will run a STOP sign. The pot smoker will stop at the stop sign and wait for it to turn green. Regardless of what your choice of poison is..... they'll all kill.