• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your opinion please

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Every once in a while I will get 2 different businesses contact me requesting a quote to convert their artwork and it happens to be the exact same piece of art.

Should I let both parties know that they are being price shopped or do I not mention it at all? I always quote the same price

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Years ago, we did lotsa sign work for other local shops, from sandblasted signs to screen-printed to..... you name it. We would often times get the same request from various shops. We just gave our price to whomever and did not say a thing. That's on them to bid what they feel fair or need. One exception, if the end-user came to us directly, then I would say.... I'm also bidding out this job.

I don't think it's any of my business or your business to let the other people know what's going on, unless you're giving someone a better price.

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you quote it the same, it doesn't matter to you. I'd say it would depend on if they are a decent client or if this is their first interaction with you.

Johnny Best

Do you have two different prices to give them? Try it with two different prices just to see the feedback. If it is the same person you know they will take the lesser one.
Think giving the same price would be the better idea in dealing with that sort of thing.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I've only had this happen a couple of times with my freelance work, I charge the same price if the services are the same, I don't tell them, I try to keep all my contacts and interactions confidential. You are protecting them and yourself by not giving out that type of information.

If you tried telling them, a slew of questions may come up that you don't really want to answer.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Keep things quiet.
We get requests from multiple dealers for the same bid and keep each separate. I think they know we are dealing with more than just them but - they don't ask and I don't tell.

wayne k
guam usa

2B

do not alert them, you have same cost regardless of your customer

with the easy and number of businesses doing graphic products there will be price shoppers and it is becoming more and more of the driving force.
Quality, customer service, abilities be damned

SignosaurusRex

OK thanks for your replies. I will just keep my mouth shut and yeah I always quote the same to avoid problems

Keep It Stupid Simple. When multiple requests come in for the same job, you are spending additional time dealing with each request. Quote the same price to each, but up the price a bit to all. Either way... you get paid for time and hassle to deal with multiple requests for the same project. In the mean time, "Keep your own council" and say nothing to no one.