• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zund cutter templates

wegercarl

Hello Sign makers,

We have recently bought a Zund Cutter and are looking for templates for practice and samples. WE are looking for POP displays, standee supports, box templates, etc. Does anyone know where we could download or purchase a sample library of ready to cut vetoer files?

Thank you in advance,

Sleek

ddubia

Dang!

Back in the late 90's I designed dozens of POP displays that were cut out of coroplast on a rolling die cutter. Some folded into a display and some required two or three separate pieces to complete the standing display. A few months ago I was looking for those files just to reminisce but I seemed to have misplaced them. I dug deep and never found them. They were all .eps vector files. If I ever run across them I'll let you know, but no promises. They seem to be lost. They were on a CD.

wegercarl

Thank you

Really appreciate the information and the feedback. Ddubia if you find the disk let us know were are interest in purchasing something like that. I will look on Amazon and really appreciate the insights. I didn't even think to get something commercially available like that. Do you have a template book that you would recommend Amazon can be a bit of a jungle.

Kind regards,

Carl

ddubia

I did mine all on my own. No template book or even instructions.

The job fell to me when I worked at a large format printing company. One of our clients wanted a free standing POP display. My supervisor figured I'd be the one who could do it.

The way I did them was to design in Illustrator figuring out the needed flaps and folds. Then I printed them on an old Encad printer using paper. I'd lay that paper over a sheet of cardboard and make all the cuts and scores by hand. Then I would attempt to put the display together. If there were issues I'd go back to Illustrator and tweak it. Then repeat the print and hand-cut process until it folded and assembled successfully. Usually the third time was a charm if not the second.

At that point I had my die template as an .eps file which I sent to the die maker. They were very helpful in guiding me with specifics that were needed to be considered in such a piece.

Then the artwork would be overlaid on the die template in Illustrator and sent to make film separations for screen printing.

Once they were printed I usually accompanied them to the die cutter to oversee the operation and gain as much insight and knowledge as I could. Plus, once they had a couple of them cut I would assemble one to be sure they worked. These were shipped to over 450 stores and the clerks there would be responsible to assemble them. They needed to work or they were all printed for naught.

It was a ton of stress for me as this is something I'd never done before yet became responsible for each project.

In the end I never had a failure. Some displays were assembled with up to three pieces. A couple of them had shelves of a thick PVC material for shoes at FootAction stores.

The deadlines were always too tight for a guy like me who was learning as he goes with no one but the die cutting company to help with advice here and there.

I'll dig deeper to find that CD but I'm not very confident it will show up. I looked pretty hard for it the last time. I'll hate if I lost that. It's really no good to me other than to re-live that exciting time.

wegercarl

Perfect!

Hello Jason,

I really appreciate the feedback. I was going to get the super 7 package from makeCNC so great to hear they are good designs. I will also look at those books I had a real long search yesterday finding mostly marketing texts! This is very valuable. If you are interested in selling your design for the chair link you attached we would be very interested in doing something like that to show our customers the options.

Thank you again,

Carl

wegercarl

Great to know

Hello ddubia,

Sorry to hear about the lost archive hope you have luck finding the lost files. That would be great experience and a lot of R&D we are trying to take a short cut...

Carl

jasonx

Hello Jason,

I really appreciate the feedback. I was going to get the super 7 package from makeCNC so great to hear they are good designs. I will also look at those books I had a real long search yesterday finding mostly marketing texts! This is very valuable. If you are interested in selling your design for the chair link you attached we would be very interested in doing something like that to show our customers the options.

Thank you again,

Carl

The model is available for free: http://www.123dapp.com/3dmk-Make/ammar-s-chair-2/804415

Sorry I referenced Make 3D when I should of written 123D Make http://www.123dapp.com/make

Its free and easy to use and you can configure the substrate to the thickness of the substrate you are going to use.

They also have a database of free models too: http://www.123dapp.com/Gallery/make/content/all?sort_by=&page_size=16&app=make&channel=