• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zund G3-L3200 vs Esko Kongsberg C24

billram570

We are getting towards the end of our process of choosing a flatbed cutter. And we are stuck between 2 ( Zund G3 L-3200 and Esko Kongsberg C24) I would love to hear everyones perspective on both machines, both companies and just cost of ownership and reliability and support from both companies.

Let me preface to say we outsource about 6k-7k now in flatbed cutting. We are a little different than most of you in this forum from the standpoint we do small production runs of packaging as well as 1 off prototypes.

We already have a pretty good volume and at certain times of the year when we peak, we run 24 hours a day for several weeks. So we need speed and capacity from the beginning. We dont need routing. We do about 80% Folding Carton work, 10% Corrugated displays and Shippers and about 5% kiss-cut Labels. We have 3 flatbeds and maybe a dozen roll fed Machines as well as a Digital press that we print 500 sheets or below that need die cutting. Most of the sheets we will cut from are 28x40 100# Text up to 24pt C1S as well as 13 x19" Sheets of the same type of printing, The corrugate will range from M-Flute up to B-Flute. Labels will be printed on Vinyl, Polyester, and metallic polyester and typically will be on rolls

Im running speed tests right now with both companies with a couple of items that we diecut a lot. The Quote I've gotten on the Zund is about 10% Less than the Esko. However Esko is throwing Artios 2D in with the deal.

If anyone has any knowledge they'd like to share with me I would really appreciated it. Im hoping to make this decision by end of this week if possible, so if anyone has any feedback I would forever be grateful.

collegekrap

Here are my two cents. Since you are doing cardstock with print. Works great and was designed specifically for your market.