• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted My Roland re640 stuck on now processing while printing is not finish

Coco

Hello I will be grateful if I can get help to solve the problem. It has happened so many times, in the beginning I will switch off the printer and start the printing over again and it will print but of recent it won't even print upto a meter and it will stop again

Signarama Jockey

I might have your solution.

Okay, so remember that your printer and the computer you sent the file from are two different entities. If you're like me, then you send the file to a RIP software, and then release the ripped file to the printer. I'm guessing that every now and then you realize that there is a problem and try to stop it printing at the printer.

The problem is, that your computer is still sending data. Your printer can stop printing, but something isn't allowing it to disregard the data that is still coming through from your computer. So long as your computer keeps on sending instructions.

The solution (at least for me) was to come over to the computer and abort the print in the RIP software and cancel the print on the printer interface. Hope that helps.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Just had a similar problem with my two xr640.
While printing it would pause after every pass, so after two days of this I shut the printers and computer down and unplugged them both for about five minutes, plugged them both in and restarted.
Running full speed now.
My new ritual is every Friday afternoon, shut the computers down and on Monday morning shut printers down briefly while I get jobs in order to print.

cornholio

I once had a similar problem on VS-640 and it was the scan motor. (the old one with the larger diameter gear...)

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
This is usually a network issue. Make sure that you are not using wireless networking for your computer. Double check your network settings, cables, etc. Try connecting the printer directly to the computer - make sure that you set up the IP addresses appropriately. If the problem persists, the the problem has been reduced to the computer network interface, the cable or the mainboard on the computer. If the problem is resolved, the you need to look at the network - router, switches, cabling or possibly conflicting IP addresses.

Good Luck