• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF 7151 plus thread.

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
If I remove the subtanks, I will need to add some sort of inline or reservoir heater. Doesn't need to maintain more than 45C, so not hard, just time consuming to spec one out. Already building another printer from raw boards, heads and other parts, so not a lot of project time open at the moment.

Forty One

I there a way to manually pull ink through the lines? SImilar concept to the solvent roll to roll?
I'm thinking there may be a blockage in the line for the black as I keep getting the Ink Supply error.
Physically theres about a third a bottle of ink there, but the system says about 10%. I've checked the little ball in the bottle and that's fine.
I've done multiple Ink discharge, sub tank discharge and then a refill, but I keep getting this error.

Yes, I have more ink on the way, and I have thought that it may be a system thingy that says it can do the ink fill up with only 10% in there.

Smoke_Jaguar

Moving ink manually has a bad habit of making it barf ink inside the pressure/vacuum lines destroying valves, lines and stuff.

Forty One

whats the parameter or setting where I can open up the ink line solenoid to manually pull ink through?
I can't find a setting under #test so I think it would be a parameter.
I've also searched for something in the UCJV300 settings but I'm not coming up with anything

Smoke_Jaguar

Since these printers use low-slung MBIS (Mimaki Bulk Ink System) tanks, they use diaphragm pumps located in the upper right side of the printer instead of gravity fed valves like the UCJV.

Forty One

thanks.
so how do I manually release the valve?
I'm trying to asertain where the blockage is for the Black channel and I cant pull ink through as it is locked.

Smoke_Jaguar

Black ink is cursed, if it has been sitting a while, there might be solidification. I just disconnect the lines one by one and run a thin wire through the ink tubes to see where it's blocked. Since the pumps are diaphragm, they have to be moving to be pumping basically, they might get some flow. There is also a valve that switches between circular head flow and adding ink into the loop. Check the diagrams section for an ink-flow explainer. These are weird printers.