• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 Day Temporary Removal, install, removal & Reinstall

edawg

Hello All! We have a possible project coming up for (as the title suggests) a weekend event. It will be removed ans re-wrapped once the even is done. I'm looking for a cheap easily removable material
Application will be a WHITE, 24ft toy hauler, Double axel with a side door. (Some graphics may run over and through the door frame) Id like to get this right and continue to do this for this particular customer. Remove, Replace with temporary Graphics then remove once more and reinstall original full wrap!

Possibly thick enough to not have to laminate?
25 yard roll and lamination recommendation?
Climate - southern California end of May.

Thank you in advance!

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Is it a solid color or printed?

If it's solid color, I would just use oracal 651. I noticed that the bulk of our pricing comes from the installation and not necessarily the vinyl itself.

edawg

So it's going over absolutely no curves, just screws? If you are pulling screws as you go, this stuff is pretty great as far as thickness, clean removal, and fine adhesion. It won't wrap over a rivet/screw though.
If it's an ongoing wrap/unwrap job, and you don't want to do all the work (or get all that $), you could sell him on a banner frame system, though I'm not sure how they would handle traveling down the road...
I did suggest this but client wants to go with vinyl.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Good evening
Macan 78993, 54”x150’, air lease vinyl, permanent but very easy to be pulled in a week or so.

Pick up Costa Mesa.

We have sample for you as well. Come check us out.

dmcgary

If I understand correctly, You want to remove a wrap, replace it with a temporary wrap, then remove the temporary wrap and rewrap the vehicle with the same original long term wrap. If that is so, (aside from making more money with the additional removals and installs and wrap) why not use a changeable wrap over the original? Then simply do one install and one removal to go back to original. We've done this multiple times with 3M IJ3552c (out of stock and expensive), also with 3M IJ36 (cheap but not air release), and an another economical alternative and probably best for this scenario is Avery 2921EZ.. All of these release easy enough to not pull off the lower wrap layer upon removal. I still would laminate for a better finish and easier removal, but it might work fine without it.

rjssigns

BigFish has MicroDot that should work. I did some really large "temp" decals with MicroDot.
Client needed something to get his semi on the road and said when these fail he'll have me redo with more permanent vinyl.
That was two years ago.:confused: